Got an AirTel Digital TV connection yesterday, have couple of queries

Re: RE: Got an AirTel Digital TV connection yesterday, have couple of queries

piinku1 said:
MU is in 9thplace.:'(
Yeah, I'll be happy with a 4th place, if possible.
NinadG said:
AD is making things complicated so that people cann't easily compare their packages with other DTH.
Maybe.
One thing I am noticing, the audio and video on ESPN SD isn't synchronized, the audio comes first, then the video, very slight gap but enough to be irritating! Anyone else?

This must be a joke, no signal for last 15 minutes, little rain and thundering outside, but really no signal? First time in my life I'm seeing something like this, I wonder what'll happen in monsoon season then?

This is problem typical with DTH. As far as Dishtv is concerned, my experience is that clouds block more signles than mere rains.

But before taking it I read and read and almost everybody said that ADTV doesn't interrupt in bad weather conditions, even in heavy rains, and here it's raining at average! What scares me what'll happen in monsoon? 2 months of total blackout or what?
My parents are bashing me pretty badly now, I shouldn't have disconnected the cable too early.
Should I reposition the dish and expose it to open sky? There's a little part of aluminum sheet above it, could that be the cause? I really can't believe it's almost an hour there's no connection!

Tech must have alligned dish properly thats why it worked for a while. No need to reposition the dish as it might disturb the dish allignment.
Signal loss in cloudy/rainy season is problem with all DTH. If there is no signal then it will show such error on the TV screen.
You should have continued with cable if you are concerned with such problem. Anyway, cable may also fail sometimes but not so often. It is really frustrating if you are watching any interesting & then suddenly there is some signal error.

Okay, enough of DTH nonsense for me. But still, as I have said, I asked lots of people before taking this connection about weather problems, and most of them said there is no interruption in connection, even in heavy rain. Some even said there's an interruption of max 15 mins in a total year. Well it's just 3 days for me, and it's 90 minutes already. So either it's a problem at my end or all what I've read were lying! My main point behind taking this was to watch live football matches, luckily today is Sunday and there's no UCL today, but what if it were Tuesday or Wednesday? I can't even think!
When I had the cable, this happened once last year, for around an hour, then came back and since my cable usage of a decade I don't remember signal being went out for more than 5 or 10 mins, and even that very rarely! Maybe this isn't a problem who watches those reality craps on T.V.
Anyway thanks for your replies mate. I can't believe we are living in 2013!!!

90 mins of outage is very high. You should check weather conditions & call CC.
After all cable is physical connection & here you are getting signals from sat.

I called them, when connection was out, they said yeah it's normal due to bad weather, let's check when rain stops, I asked what if the rain stops after 3 days? The guy laughed, I disconnected the phone. 7 rupees gone. That free number was busy, I tried on it several times.

saurav you can't control the weather and also there is no other option rather waiting till the weather gets clear. all dth stop working while there is rain u can't do anything.

Saurav Ghosh said:
I called them, when connection was out, they said yeah it's normal due to bad weather, let's check when rain stops, I asked what if the rain stops after 3 days? The guy laughed, I disconnected the phone. 7 rupees gone. That free number was busy, I tried on it several times.

Ya bro...Toll free no is always busy (also for Dishtv).
Do AD has something like what dish tv has 'call me' service? you can send SMS 'call me' to Dishtv & then CC calls you after some time. Then you can keep talking without worrying for bill.
Also I have observed that if called from landline to local chargeable no. then it takes more time for CC agent to answer the call but if called from from mobile, CC agent gets immediately connected.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock