Got an AirTel Digital TV connection yesterday, have couple of queries

rahul1117kumar said:
saurav you can't control the weather and also there is no other option rather waiting till the weather gets clear. all dth stop working while there is rain u can't do anything.
Well I didn't read the same. Several ADTV users said that connection remains stable in heavy rain, you can just Google and see! If rain affects the connectivity this much then what'll happen in rainy season? It stays for more than 2 months, no service for two months?
NinadG said:
Ya bro...Toll free no is always busy (also for Dishtv).
Do AD has something like what dish tv has 'call me' service? you can send SMS 'call me' to Dishtv & then CC calls you after some time. Then you can keep talking without worrying for bill.
Also I have observed that if called from landline to local chargeable no. then it takes more time for CC agent to answer the call but if called from from mobile, CC agent gets immediately connected.
No, no such call back thing, at least I haven't found any. There is an option to see some stuffs like my packs, recharge options and all if you press * on remote, but there's nothing new that I don't know already.

Saurav Ghosh said:
Okay, enough of DTH nonsense for me. But still, as I have said, I asked lots of people before taking this connection about weather problems, and most of them said there is no interruption in connection, even in heavy rain. Some even said there's an interruption of max 15 mins in a total year. Well it's just 3 days for me, and it's 90 minutes already. So either it's a problem at my end or all what I've read were lying! My main point behind taking this was to watch live football matches, luckily today is Sunday and there's no UCL today, but what if it were Tuesday or Wednesday? I can't even think!
When I had the cable, this happened once last year, for around an hour, then came back and since my cable usage of a decade I don't remember signal being went out for more than 5 or 10 mins, and even that very rarely! Maybe this isn't a problem who watches those reality craps on T.V.
Anyway thanks for your replies mate. I can't believe we are living in 2013!!!
Finetune your dish.
Remove all the obstruction around the dish.

Sometimes i lost signal during heavy rains .But no problem with cloud and wind.:tup

Airtel in default allocate big dish (90 cm) for those (long rainy season or frequently) locations.

How do I know how big is my dish? I took a photo when it was lying on floor, before installation. Does it look like 90 cm?
du4y5yty.jpg

Guys is the A/V properly synchronized in channels like Discovery HD or Zee Studio HD? For me, the video is coming at least 1 sec earlier than audio.

I have a weird issue. My one month (first month) subscription supposed to be expired on 15th, yesterday, and I thought at midnight the connection will be out, but it's there, still I tried to recharge to Mega pack, and I received this weird SMS! How long is the free viewing period exactly? I was told that the subscription will end at 15th Nov, and yesterday I even saw a popup on TV that please recharge or something, what's going on? I see that my expiry date is showing till 8th December!
I am attaching my package, kindly say something if any one of you know...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock