Got Retention offer from TATA SKY

LDP can continue. They didn't say anything about not changing the LDP in any way.

Complain to TRAI in that case. Both TRAI chairman & secretary as well as their awareness video made it clear that LDP can continue unless the subscriber himself/herself requests to migrate to the newer packs. I still don't know how many will read what's written on that. You've been given the right to complain if in case DPO does something against your will.

Doesn't matter what they tell you. If the law asks them to give 22 rupees to Star for a channel, then they have to give that. And if they are forced to do that, then they will modify your pack instead of suffering the loss.

The LDP contract with me was made before TRAI tariff order came into effect, so as per rule myself and TS have agreed for LDP for which i have already paid

If you add up all the HD packs of all the broadcasters, I think the total pay channel cost still comes to less than Rs 500. So TS may waive off the network charge and continue the pack if you paid them more than 500 per month (6000 for the year) for all channels.

TRAI order was notified on July 3 last year. On that day, it was made clear to TS that the new tariffs will apply from Dec 29. When did you enter into this LDP contract?

The LDP contract with me was made before TRAI tariff order came into effect, so as per rule myself and TS have agreed for LDP for which i have already paid

Existing LDP opted before 29th Dec 2018.

BTW TS has said that they wont touch my pack without my consent. So i can complaint to TRAI if my LDP is changed without my consent
I'm wondering why TS is calling customers now and offering them LDPs if this rule is applicable only for packs before 29-Dec-2018!! I read in multiple threads that the TS consumers are getting these calls!

TRAI order was notified on July 3 last year. On that day, it was made clear to TS that the new tariffs will apply from Dec 29. When did you enter into this LDP contract?

I got in November 2018.

Notified on 3 July 2018, But implementation date is 29th December 2018. So its the implementation date that matters and not notification date

I can see that you paid 500 rupees per month. So you might still get practically all the channels I think. TS is likely to absorb the loss on the NCF.

I'm wondering why TS is calling customers now and offering them LDPs if this rule is applicable only for packs before 29-Dec-2018!! I read in multiple threads that the TS consumers are getting these calls!

Thats upto TRAI to define what existing packs are and if they can include LDP given to customers between 29th Dec 18 to 31st Jan 19 into existing packs

If a law is notified banning cigarettes in India from Jan 1, and on DEc 30, you enter into a one-year contract to buy cigarettes from a company, you think you will be excluded from the ban for one year?

November 2018.

Notified on 3 July 2018, But implementation date is 29th December 2018. So its the implementation date that matters and not notification date

Two reasons -- one -- they got you for one year, and they will modify your pack and you have no option but to stay with them.

Second reason -- they want to bolster their case in the court saying "we have committed to x million users to provide them packs for one year. we should be allowed to"

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock