GSAT-10 : Discussions, News & Updates

RE: GSAT-10 to be Launched on September 21

Let me analyze expected usage of G sat 10 TP's on the basis of my personal experience and understanding of Tata Sky business style
At present as per my info. Tata Sky will get 4 TP's initially.They might get new TP if and when needed.So if they get 4 TP's we will see 3 TP's come into use straight away.1 TP will be kept for later on usage.
If they keep 1 TP for HD they can add Max. 10 HD channels in that.Initially we might get 6 HD channels.Expect to get Ten HD,Zee Cinema HD,Zee Studio HD,History HD,Movies Now HD and Colors HD.
Later on Tata Sky will add Sony Six HD before IPL 2013.Since Zee Cafe HD,Set Max HD and Life OK HD are up coming we may see them at the end of year.
Still 1 or 2 more HD channels can be added depending up on channel launch,demand and revenue deals.

Lets come to SD channels.I think Tata Sky will persist with Mpeg2 as large no. of users still have Mpeg2 STB.
In one Mpeg2 TP at present they have about 20 channels with lots of compression.If they are wise they will shift some channels from INSAT 4 A TP'S to G SAT 10 TP to improve SD PQ and AQ.So even if they add 15 channels per TP we will surely get at least 30 new SD channels out of which expect 20 to be regional.In GEC we will see BIG CBS channels,Nat Geo and couple of news channels as all of them give good carriage fee.
Activation of TP's from newly launched Satellite takes minimum 4 to 6 months so don't expect anything before March or April 2013.
If TP's fro G sat 10 have more operating frequency or power we may see more channels but i do not expect it to be more than standard 36 MHz.
ST2 have 54 MHz TP that's why Videocon d2h is adding large no. of channels in spite of having less no. of TP's and obviously Mpeg4 DVB S-2 is a huge advantage for th

Mr.Anant said:
Let me analyze expected usage of G sat 10 TP's on the basis of my personal experience and understanding of Tata Sky business style
At present as per my info. Tata Sky will get 4 TP's initially.They might get new TP if and when needed.So if they get 4 TP's we will see 3 TP's come into use straight away.1 TP will be kept for later on usage.
If they keep 1 TP for HD they can add Max. 10 HD channels in that.Initially we might get 6 HD channels.Expect to get Ten HD,Zee Cinema HD,Zee Studio HD,History HD,Movies Now HD and Colors HD.
Later on Tata Sky will add Sony Six HD before IPL 2013.Since Zee Cafe HD,Set Max HD and Life OK HD are up coming we may see them at the end of year.
Still 1 or 2 more HD channels can be added depending up on channel launch,demand and revenue deals.

Lets come to SD channels.I think Tata Sky will persist with Mpeg2 as large no. of users still have Mpeg2 STB.
In one Mpeg2 TP at present they have about 20 channels with lots of compression.If they are wise they will shift some channels from INSAT 4 A TP'S to G SAT 10 TP to improve SD PQ and AQ.So even if they add 15 channels per TP we will surely get at least 30 new SD channels out of which expect 20 to be regional.In GEC we will see BIG CBS channels,Nat Geo and couple of news channels as all of them give good carriage fee.
Activation of TP's from newly launched Satellite takes minimum 4 to 6 months so don't expect anything before March or April 2013.
If TP's fro G sat 10 have more operating frequency or power we may see more channels but i do not expect it to be more than standard 36 MHz.
ST2 have 54 MHz TP that's why Videocon d2h is adding large no. of channels in spite of having less no. of TP's and obviously Mpeg4 DVB S-2 is a huge advantage for th

i am totally disagree by this. This will not happen any way. As i got information now tata sky planning to move MPEG4 and all the channels which launch from Gsat 10 will be in MPEG4 for tata sky. There are bellow 4 Mn user are using MPEG2 box. The strategy of giving new any remain suspense but i can confirm it as tata will shift all channels of Gsat 10 in MPEG4. The users who will not change their box they can watch channels as of now. In short tata sky plan is that they give all SD channels in MPEG4 from Gsat10. The policy of box change MPEG2 to MPEG4 is remain same. Ya but at the end of 2013 they can give any good offer for MPEG2 user. So be ready to face problem like dish tv for more price. And yes in the future no any DTH can run with old technology. I got this info so i share who not believe ignore this.

6 days to go...
Thats a great news for tata sky. How? As intelsat 20 was lofted on 2 aug and within 50 days it is activated. Ya, this can happen with tata sky. http://dreamdth.com/Thread-Update-Intelsat-20-is-now-in-the-ORBIT-will-Replace-Inelsat-10-soon?pid=162576#pid162576

Sbhopale said:
Mr.Anant said:

i am totally disagree by this. This will not happen any way. As i got information now tata sky planning to move MPEG4 and all the channels which launch from Gsat 10 will be in MPEG4 for tata sky. There are bellow 4 Mn user are using MPEG2 box. The strategy of giving new any remain suspense but i can confirm it as tata will shift all channels of Gsat 10 in MPEG4. The users who will not change their box they can watch channels as of now. In short tata sky plan is that they give all SD channels in MPEG4 from Gsat10. The policy of box change MPEG2 to MPEG4 is remain same. Ya but at the end of 2013 they can give any good offer for MPEG2 user. So be ready to face problem like dish tv for more price. And yes in the future no any DTH can run with old technology. I got this info so i share who not believe ignore this.

4 Mn is a small no. right:lol so tata sky will ignore it's main business ie. SD users,majority with Mpeg2 boxes and will suddenly move to Mpeg4 for all new TP's.
If they wanted to do this they would have done it with Insat 4A it self no need to wait for G sat10.Replacing all boxes is not an easy thing to do.
Also Sky UK which is partner of Tata Sky is still using Mpeg2 for SD so lets wait and watch.

ISRO is one slow working organization.Expect min. 3 months for activation.Pray that all stays well with G sat or else it's a dooms day for tata sky

Sbhopale said:
6 days to go...
Thats a great news for tata sky. How? As intelsat 20 was lofted on 2 aug and within 50 days it is activated. Ya, this can happen with tata sky. http://dreamdth.com/Thread-Update-Intelsat-20-is-now-in-the-ORBIT-will-Replace-Inelsat-10-soon?pid=162576#pid162576
Now 5 To Go... :lol

Now 4 Days To Go...... :eek:hya :k :)

GSAT-10 to be Launched on September 21

I think Tatasky users like me are more worried then Isro about Gsat 10 launch.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock