GSAT-10 : Discussions, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Greatachiever
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,106
  • Views Views: Views 204,321
RE: GSAT 10 launch is scheduled for Saturday, September 29

Hmmm Let's See What'll Happen

launching on 29 sep so it will take a month to 45 days for testing and bringing the sat to position 83 deg ie by oct end or nov mid isro can give tp to tata sky by this time it depends upon tata sky when they add channel in this new tp
most probalbly they will assign vertical polarisation for gsat 10 tps

Sbhopale said:
suri said:
gsat 10 is mainly launch for dth.....:sp
but they donot mention "it is used by tata sky" :D
if sun direct takes this satellite very good future there for upcomming days in south area ......:ohya

suri bro you are a dream expert, i don't expect this type of post.
suri said:
12tps is so much......
one tp contain 40 sd channels or 12 hd channels.....
thats way tatasky have space for 300 sd channels and 40 hd channels ......
tata sky still using MPEG2 so they can add only 15- maximum 20 sd with compromize quality or 8 to 10 HD channels.

insat 4a have normal kuband tps

gsat 10 has have high ku band tps

@suri bro i as i know, high power ku band means not more bandwidth. It easy to catch by small dish and give good signal strenght. Any channels addition is depend on satellite band capacity that is bandwidth which determine in MHZ unit . As Gsat 10 is same like insat 4a and same 36 MHZ power of each transponder.
And by the way you article is from wikipedia which not truely source. Expert invite to comments.

good info admin...

2days left to launch...

GSAT 10 launch is scheduled for Saturday, September 29

Good info Admin,
According to that over 100 channels will be added after Gsat 10.

very good info by admin. at last an official confirmation from an official newspaper that ts are going to use GSAT-10. now the big question is that how many tps' ts are going to take initially. If they take 4 tps as rumors are going on, they make keep 2 tps exclusively for HD channel addition of 10 Nos and 2 tps for SD channel addition of about 30 Nos.:)

Tata sky will pay for all tp but like Airtel they can use 8 to 10 tp.
As of using MPEG2 but after getting Gsat 10 tata sky is shifting MPEG4 for newly added channels. Hence they can add 150 channels on 5 tp and 3 for HD channels upto 20 channels [as 1 tp from insat4a will be available for sd channels.] in the channels addition there are many channels are coming on regional basis. However there is yet to decided how will they provide MPEG4 STB. Chances are high that, cost new STB will be RS.500 and free for mega pack user.
[i got info by dealer.]

Back
Top Bottom