HBO to shut down premium channels "HBO Defined, HBO hits" on 31 December

I think HBO Signature might launch in near future... :win
And it wud show series/serials.

Whereas, HBO HD wud only show movies, and wud replicate HBO SD chnl. :k

shawl_who said:
I think HBO Signature might launch in near future... :win
And it wud show series/serials.

Whereas, HBO HD wud only show movies, and wud replicate HBO SD chnl. :k

+1, as HBO Defined Licence can be used. All they need good distributor/Partner for Indian business....:s

It is very difficult for a channel to survive solely on subscription charges in India. As Indian customers are very price sensitive. And from their point of view the cost of these channels was too much. Look what happened to Star World Premier ? Already they didn't have many subscribers, and when other English GEC start showing instant premier of shows, STAR changed its policy and now SWP HD is just a normal entertainment channels. But for HBO it may not be possible as HBO Hits and HBO defined are their international brand channels. When they didn't get the desired number of subscribers ,they scaled down the quantity of new movies and content on these two channels. And now they have decided to shut these and rebrand HBI hits as HBO HD.

So, now the channel HBO Defined is removed from Tata Sky and should have been removed in Dish TV too.

By the way, their FB page is not working now.

nHWTQuz.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock