HD channel not working. Some SD channels working.

With this at least we got answer to the question why world period is not good for experimentation.

They may have deactivated the V TPs but their statement that they reversed the parameters they had changed in satellite seems to be untrue as still the signal problems continued and the technicians had to visit people to realign dishes.

Hi All,

I am new bee in this forum. Some of my friends are telling.. Send SMS NP to 56633 from the registered mobile number to resolve the issue. Is that true? Can I send that? Please help me. I am unable to see any SD channels for the last 40 hours. :(

Thanks in advance

blr_dth said:
Hi All,

I am new bee in this forum. Some of my friends are telling.. Send SMS NP to 56633 from the registered mobile number to resolve the issue. Is that true? Can I send that? Please help me. I am unable to see any SD channels for the last 40 hours. :(

Thanks in advance

SEND SMS :- NS TO 56633 (REGISTER MOBILE NO)

Tata Sky services take a hit due to signal testing

MUMBAI: Several customers of direct-to-home (DTH) operator Tata Sky were in for a surprise as their television screens went blank due to signal outage. The mishap happened due to a change in parameters on the satellite.

It was a busy day for the DTH operator with thousands of calls and messages pouring in from angry customers who wanted immediate resumption of services to catch their daily dose of favourite programmes and, of course, the cricket World Cup. The technical glitch originated on Wednesday.

Tata Sky MD and CEO Harit Nagpal said that a few thousand out of more than 10 million subscribers were impacted. The DTH operator had received 20,000 complaints of which 13–14,000 were dealt with by its technical team.

“We did a testing this morning. For capacity enhancement, we did parameter changes on the satellite due to which 15,000–20,000 customers got impacted. We have already looked into 13–14,000 of those complaints,” Nagpal said.

He further stated that the parameters have been reversed back to their original position. “We don’t know which dishes are misaligned. Every time we change parameters on the satellite, some dishes that are not aligned start getting disrupted signals. We did some testing for a few hours this morning. We have reversed them back to original parameters,” he explained.

Nagpal clarified that these are regular tests to enhance capacity. “We are adding channels constantly. Every three months we add new channels. Last year we added 70 channels. As the compression gets better, we can add more channels,” he averred.

Tata Sky services take a hit due to signal testing | TelevisionPost.com

RE: Tata Sky services take a hit due to signal testing

Very shrewdly he avoided mentioning a single word about Gsat10. What a kind of secrecy!

RE: Tata Sky services take a hit due to signal testing

bro already posted some members & me Link Removed

shiwesh said:
Mr. Nagpal adds new channels regularly...then who doesn't add :p

He adds channels "every three months". Pity we are still not satisfied! :dodgy

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock