Seeking Help Tata Sky HD Box is not working properly and other issues

• Thread starter PRK
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 18
  • Views: Views 2,362

PRK

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Tata Sky HD box. I am facing a problem, the box turns off suddenly while watching TV. Sometimes, it starts again and sometimes it doesn't start at all. The red light on STB flickers and stabilizes or goes off completely.
Another thing is that I thought the adapter might be faulty, so I raised a request and the representative visited my home. I was at work. He told me that box is defective but they cannot change it and a new connection has to be bought for Rs. 3000/-. The reason they gave is that my box is damaged and 2 screws are missing. Actually, it had fallen and there is a small crack on the top and has become a bit loose too. But this had happened 1-2 years back and the box was working fine. Also, I had tried to open the box by removing the 2 screws to check if I can make any fix the current issue, but it did not open.

Please suggest what to do. I don't want to spend 3000 on a new box as our use is hardly 30mins-1hr per day.

That depends on Technician Behaviour. Same thing happened with my HD box on 11 July and it went out of warranty on 5 July.
Technician visited my premises and told me box is damaged and if you want I can replace but he suggested me to use Binge box as I have also taken Binge Connection same from him (he is official Tata Play Technician).

Then he called Tata Play and instead of completion he CLOSED my work order so that I need not to pay Technician visit charges.

You can buy only STB (from 400-600) or Old STB (from 150-300/-) and use that.

Out of warranty STB swapping charges are around 500 by paying 50/- or 100/- more you can buy a new STB with Remote, Adaptor, HDMI also.

Is there any long-term recharge done on that.. any balance there?.. if not, better go for a new box only new connection, that comes with 6 months hd pack. it will be around Rs.1000 to 1200 only.

That depends on Technician Behaviour. Same thing happened with my HD box on 11 July and it went out of warranty on 5 July.
Technician visited my premises and told me box is damaged and if you want I can replace but he suggested me to use Binge box as I have also taken Binge Connection same from him (he is official Tata Play Technician).

Then he called Tata Play and instead of completion he CLOSED my work order so that I need not to pay Technician visit charges.

You can buy only STB (from 400-600) or Old STB (from 150-300/-) and use that.

Out of warranty STB swapping charges are around 500 by paying 50/- or 100/- more you can buy a new STB with Remote, Adaptor, HDMI also.
Bro they are not ready to replace my box with old stb also, they are saying they cannot accept my box as it is against company policy.

Is there any long-term recharge done on that.. any balance there?.. if not, better go for a new box only new connection, that comes with 6 months hd pack. it will be around Rs.1000 to 1200 only.
No.. Only 1-2 month balance is there. Will check that, he said minimum is 3000.

No.. Only 1-2 month balance is there. Will check that, he said minimum is 3000.
There is an offer for Rs.3000, you will get a complete kit (new box, and outdoor unit) and Rs.3000 will be credited to your account as a cashback balance. So the complete set will be free of cost.. Using 3000, you can go for long-term 12 months or 13 months plan. Is the technician mentioned that? see screenshot from tata play site
GDFCtc0.png

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock