Seeking Help Tata Sky HD Box is not working properly and other issues

• Thread starter PRK
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 18
  • Views: Views 2,361
There is an offer for Rs.3000, you will get a complete kit (new box, and outdoor unit) and Rs.3000 will be credited to your account as a cashback balance. So the complete set will be free of cost.. Using 3000, you can go for long-term 12 months or 13 months plan. Is the technician mentioned that? see screenshot from tata play site
GDFCtc0.png
Thanks bro.

I want one help. I discovered that I can order a secondary connection in multi tv option and then swap it and make it my primary connection. Is that possible? Also, after making the secondary as primary connection, how to stop the 2nd connection?

I want one help. I discovered that I can order a secondary connection in multi tv option and then swap it and make it my primary connection. Is that possible? Also, after making the secondary as primary connection, how to stop the 2nd connection?
Yes but Secondary connection cost is 800-900/- I guess. And you can get a new box in 600/- and after 90 or 180 days (only if you can wait for so long) you can merge your old STB to your New STB and the balance of old STB will be Merge with new STB (if you opt temporary suspension in Old STB).

& If you wanna go with secondary connection it is very easy to disable secondary connection. You just have to go to Manage Packs and there you will see 'Disable STB' option in front of Secondary Connection STB id.

Hello PRK.. I will Give you a advice... By the way i am also from maharashtra.

1st thing... tata play technician is 100% correct.. This Box is damaged is alright but you tried to open it and tried to repair it.. That's not correct..
This is against their policy.Now there is nothing you can do about this box... also do not go to any other local shop for repair..well if its max 100 or 150 rs repair charges and if there is guarrenty of the repair i can unserstand.. check that.. otherwise donot invest money in that..

2nd Point.. which tv you are using is it a big size tv..like 50 or 55 and smart TV.. Then i would suggest you to go for HD PVR box as the picture quality is the best and you will feel this on your big TV..

3rd point you said you donot want to invest 3000 rs even if there is some offer listed above..get officially new stb from tata play and replace this they will replace the stb and the card will be the same of your old stb.. they will pair it.. just throw the old stb or keep it aside..pay the cost of new stb as you have the adaptor dish and lnb..your balance will remain intact..

Last edited:
Hello PRK.. I will Give you a advice... By the way i am also from maharashtra.

1st thing... tata play technician is 100% correct.. This Box is damaged is alright but you tried to open it and tried to repair it.. That's not correct..
This is against their policy.Now there is nothing you can do about this box... also do not go to any other local shop for repair..well if its max 100 or 150 rs repair charges and if there is guarrenty of the repair i can unserstand.. check that.. otherwise donot invest money in that..

2nd Point.. which tv you are using is it a big size tv..like 50 or 55 and smart TV.. Then i would suggest you to go for HD PVR box as the picture quality is the best and you will feel this on your big TV..

3rd point you said you donot want to invest 3000 rs even if there is some offer listed above..get officially new stb from tata play and replace this they will replace the stb and the card will be the same of your old stb.. they will pair it.. just throw the old stb or keep it aside..pay the cost of new stb as you have the adaptor dish and lnb..your balance will remain intact..
Thanks bro. But I can get a new STB at a cheaper rate than new connection by purchasing secondary connection using multi tv option. However, my one concern is whether I would be able to make the secondary box as primary box immediately after purchase and disable the secondary box after the swapping.

Yes but Secondary connection cost is 800-900/- I guess. And you can get a new box in 600/- and after 90 or 180 days (only if you can wait for so long) you can merge your old STB to your New STB and the balance of old STB will be Merge with new STB (if you opt temporary suspension in Old STB).

& If you wanna go with secondary connection it is very easy to disable secondary connection. You just have to go to Manage Packs and there you will see 'Disable STB' option in front of Secondary Connection STB id.
Thanks bro. But new box is costlier than secondary connection. Also, are you sure swapping of old and new box is permitted after 90/180 days only?

There is an offer for Rs.3000, you will get a complete kit (new box, and outdoor unit) and Rs.3000 will be credited to your account as a cashback balance. So the complete set will be free of cost.. Using 3000, you can go for long-term 12 months or 13 months plan. Is the technician mentioned that? see screenshot from tata play site
GDFCtc0.png
You can't opt long duration plans with credited balance.

izOw09J.png

Thanks bro. But new box is costlier than secondary connection. Also, are you sure swapping of old and new box is permitted after 90/180 days only?
Bro if you opt for Multi TV then from next day onward you can make for Primary into Secondary and vice versa. There is no restriction.

No bro new box is cheaper. In my area it is available from 600/- (not antenna).
Yes you can merge your New STB to Old after 180 days. I have done it when I opted for Multi TV.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock