Help in activating a terminated connection

• Thread starter sopa
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 51
  • Views: Views 7,141
sopa said:
So i throw away my stb kit?Should i sue them in consumer court? Its like if you terminate your simcard your mobile phone will not work.This is unethical marketing practices.

I had left dish tv hd deactive for more than 4 months thrice and all the time it was activated without any issues. 20rs were deducted and service resume. Once in my sd connection i recharged after 1 yr but no issues. You need to take following steps

1. Go to the dealer and ask him to activate.
2. Write via email to dish tv.
3. If nothing works then dealer can give you new vc on discounted price, check that.

Deactive dish tv was a pan india phenomena due to fake hd. Now due to 27 hd channels if they have recently become over enthusiastic then i am not sure. And 29th april is certainly a recently activity.

After reading subsequent posts i feel you may not have any options left, as you have terminated your account. But nobody really terminates. You just need to stop recharging. You can terminate if it is stolen from you to prevent misuse.

Ok i contacted CC manager.He said to that you should recharge via dealer and we will handle from back end.Thankfully my rs 250 recharge went through.I am waiting for activation and have asked for a technician visit for the installation of dish antenna.I know i will waste rs 225 for technician but i need dish tv badly. Watching tata sky on my 42" 1080p tv is an eyesore. DIsh has much better quality.

Thanks everyone.I suggest admin to have a FAQ on activating a terminated connection. I am still keeping my fingers crossed.I hope they activate it via back end.
:win

My Vc number is now active.I am manually trying to align the antenna.It is trial and error,the epg updates but goes to 15%.Will take some time.If i am unable to align it by tonight ,the technician will charge me.
Wish me luck!

me_saket said:
Any progress

Damm no.Max i can get is 15% update for EPG. If my epg was updated i would be able to goto system settings and then see the sat signal.Is there any way to bypass epg update or download epg and upload via usb?

My dish is already aligned vertically and the LNB is also aligned as i didnt allow the tata sky techinician to touch it.The only problem i am having is horizontal.
Anyways the technician will come tomorrow.

You had asked tata sky also to terminate your connection? Did you try recharging your dish tv through dealer? What is the make & model of your tv?

Good luck for getting the dish alignment by yourself..

4 Beta

blazinghacker said:
You had asked tata sky also to terminate your connection? Did you try recharging your dish tv through dealer? What is the make & model of your tv?

I will just not recharge my tata sky.I dont want to go with that hassle again.My tv make is sony 42" led bravia klv 42 ex 410

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock