Help me choosing a good HD Dth

Re: RE: Help me choosing a good HD Dth

NinadG said:
Again this is not answer to original question. Why TS charges HD Access Fee when all other DTH are not charging?
If you want to talk about D2H charging something then another thread can be created & discussion can continue as explicit/implicit charging is not the question here.
I am sure you or TS doesn't have answer to this question & the bluff called HD Access Fee will continue to raise ARPU for TS.

bro i will give u one valid gud reason y ts uses this unique feature of hd access and y it is actually usefull to users and u will be bound to agree on my answer....so my answer to ur question is 'TS DOES THIS FOR THE BENIFIT OF MULTI TV CONNECTION USERS COMPRISING OF BOTH HD N SD STBS LIKE ME AND MANY OTHERS ...LET ME EXPLAIN U WHAT IF U ONLY WANT STAR WORLD OUT OF ENGLISH GEC IN BOTH HD N SD SO THAT U CAN VIEW IT ON BOTH MY HD N SD BOXES ...IN CASE OF OTHER DTHS U HAVE TO SUBSCRIBE TO STAR WORLD SD (suppose rs 25) AND STAR WORLD HD (suppose rs 25) TOTAL 50 RS BUT IN CASE OF TS HAVE TO ONLY SUB TO STAR WORLD SD AND U WILL GET IT ON ALL UR BOXES THAT TO IN HALF A PRICE AS U HAV ALREADY PAIDED HD ACCESS EARLIER FOR UR OTHER HD CHANNELS ' i hope all u guys got my point and thank ts for this unique feature...

If you say TS is having this HD access fee for multiroom connection, I will give you a more general use case.

Most of the people subscribe to the lowest base pack and add channels like Sports channels during cricket matches or special events. Now lets say we want to subscribe to Sony Six in d2h we can go for either the SD version or HD version.
Alacarte price of SD = Rs. 35 HD = Rs. 50
For just 15 rs more we can enjoy the action in full HD.

Samething in TS would cost Rs. 35 + Rs. 100 = 135

d2h bring HD more closer to everyone. Even we can subscribe to lowest base pack and add HD Globe pack for Rs. 170 for 23 channels. But in TS even for 1 HD channel you need to pay Rs. 100 extra.

Bottom line, with the whole HD Access Fee, TS makes people feel they are premium users. They are paying a special fee to access HD. Either go for the over priced highest packs or forget HD.

Srajal Ag said:
bro i will give u one valid gud reason y ts uses this unique feature of hd access and y it is actually usefull to users and u will be bound to agree on my answer....so my answer to ur question is 'TS DOES THIS FOR THE BENIFIT OF MULTI TV CONNECTION USERS COMPRISING OF BOTH HD N SD STBS LIKE ME AND MANY OTHERS ...LET ME EXPLAIN U WHAT IF U ONLY WANT STAR WORLD OUT OF ENGLISH GEC IN BOTH HD N SD SO THAT U CAN VIEW IT ON BOTH MY HD N SD BOXES ...IN CASE OF OTHER DTHS U HAVE TO SUBSCRIBE TO STAR WORLD SD (suppose rs 25) AND STAR WORLD HD (suppose rs 25) TOTAL 50 RS BUT IN CASE OF TS HAVE TO ONLY SUB TO STAR WORLD SD AND U WILL GET IT ON ALL UR BOXES THAT TO IN HALF A PRICE AS U HAV ALREADY PAIDED HD ACCESS EARLIER FOR UR OTHER HD CHANNELS ' i hope all u guys got my point and thank ts for this unique feature...

v_srikanth961 said:
If you say TS is having this HD access fee for multiroom connection, I will give you a more general use case.

Most of the people subscribe to the lowest base pack and add channels like Sports channels during cricket matches or special events. Now lets say we want to subscribe to Sony Six in d2h we can go for either the SD version or HD version.
Alacarte price of SD = Rs. 35 HD = Rs. 50
For just 15 rs more we can enjoy the action in full HD.

Samething in TS would cost Rs. 35 + Rs. 100 = 135

d2h bring HD more closer to everyone. Even we can subscribe to lowest base pack and add HD Globe pack for Rs. 170 for 23 channels. But in TS even for 1 HD channel you need to pay Rs. 100 extra.

Bottom line, with the whole HD Access Fee, TS makes people feel they are premium users. They are paying a special fee to access HD. Either go for the over priced highest packs or forget HD.

So in D2h u pay 50 where as in TS u have to pay 135. Rs 85 extra in TS. That's really bad.

But what will happen if u choose a base pack which contain Six HD along with other channels ? In d2h u have to choose Gold HD price Rs 388 pm where as in TS price is Rs 400(300+100) so difference is just Rs 12 i.e. they are all same. Isn't it ?:huh

dipayan said:
So in D2h u pay 50 where as in TS u have to pay 135. Rs 85 extra in TS. That's really bad.

But what will happen if u choose a base pack which contain Six HD along with other channels ? In d2h u have to choose Gold HD price Rs 388 pm where as in TS price is Rs 400(300+100) so difference is just Rs 12 i.e. they are all same. Isn't it ?:huh

Six HD there in videocon 340Rs. Gold sports HD pack

The benefit of keeping SD and HD as separate is that we can choose whatever we want.

For example, I can take base back of 165 in d2h + HD Globe of 170 which makes it Rs. 335. I get all regional channels + 22 HD channels. Or if Im interested in only sports HD, 165 + Rs 120 (4 sports HD channels) = 295 or base pack + Rs. 84 (9 non sports HD channels) = Rs. 249

Add on price list on d2h : Videocon D2H Packages - South Addons Packs - DTH Packages for South

But with TS it will always cost around Rs. 400. Now explain, if we can get HD in TS for a lower price.

dipayan said:

v_srikanth961 said:
The benefit of keeping SD and HD as separate is that we can choose whatever we want.

For example, I can take base back of 165 in d2h + HD Globe of 170 which makes it Rs. 335. I get all regional channels + 22 HD channels. Or if Im interested in only sports HD, 165 + Rs 120 (4 sports HD channels) = 295 or base pack + Rs. 84 (9 non sports HD channels) = Rs. 249

Add on price list on d2h : Videocon D2H Packages - South Addons Packs - DTH Packages for South

But with TS it will always cost around Rs. 400. Now explain, if we can get HD in TS for a lower price.
Look if u only want to pay what you watch then you have to go with a-la-carte basis as we don't watch all channels(in my case 50%) included in my base pack. But I cannot choose a-la-carte as cost will be higher. All DTH has this bad policy.

Now if u only watch 22 HD channels then your way is much cheaper as base pack is must to avail addon. There is no doubt about that. :tup

But do u get all channels(available in D2h) with base back of 165(I think u are from south) in d2h + HD Globe of 170 which makes it Rs. 335 ? :huh
Certainly not. If yes then there would be no meaning of launching Higher base pack such as sports or platinum packs by D2h. Isn't it? So your above arguments works only when you watch only those 22 HD channels along with channels provided in Rs165(south) pack.

As HD and SD feed shows different shows(for example different matches on HD and SD feed) on most of the channels and most of the time so it is better to have both version in your package. In that case in D2h u have to choose ROI Gold HD pack(388) which is equivalent to Supreme sports pack HD(300+100).

I myselves dont restrict myselves to any specific channels. Thats why I got myselves the highest package to get all channels. 450 channels and services at Rs. 481 pm I really dont want to get into numbers as its hard to compare.

The only point I would like to make is, by combining SD and HD TataSky is making things not so flexible to the users. Not leaving any choice but to subscribe for SD by either picking a higher price base pack or go for alacarte.

Do you agree that users are losing flexibility here?

dipayan said:
Look if u only want to pay what you watch then you have to go with a-la-carte basis as we don't watch all channels(in my case 50%) included in my base pack. But I cannot choose a-la-carte as cost will be higher. All DTH has this bad policy.

Now if u only watch 22 HD channels then your way is much cheaper as base pack is must to avail addon. There is no doubt about that. :tup

But do u get all channels(available in D2h) with base back of 165(I think u are from south) in d2h + HD Globe of 170 which makes it Rs. 335 ? :huh
Certainly not. If yes then there would be no meaning of launching Higher base pack such as sports or platinum packs by D2h. Isn't it? So your above arguments works only when you watch only those 22 HD channels along with channels provided in Rs165(south) pack.

As HD and SD feed shows different shows(for example different matches on HD and SD feed) on most of the channels and most of the time so it is better to have both version in your package. In that case in D2h u have to choose ROI Gold HD pack(388) which is equivalent to Supreme sports pack HD(300+100).

It seems for any combination of packs/alcarte channels, TS is costlier than D2H or any other DTH provider.

NinadG said:
It seems for any combination of packs/alcarte channels, TS is costlier than D2H or any other DTH provider.

Yes bro,ts is expensive than any other DTH provider.:tup

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock