Here's why Tata Sky will always remain better than Airtel

zFfo18r.jpg

As you can see in the image, I had to recharge for 150, to resume the services. I tried doing 100 on 11th Sep and it didn't work. When I called the CC, they informed that it's 150 and I needed to recharge for another 50. That's when I did the extra 50.

They usually tell so bcoz 100 is min recharge amount needed post suspension and 15 or 20 Rs. is IMF .... Cust Care tells round amount as Rs. 150

Also I m not sure but maybe they have separate min recharge amount for same day resumption (deactivation date) and on a later date.

Min Recharge amount for active account is Rs. 50

Not like that fine is 15 to 25 as IMF not beyond that .. but yes if account goes inactive more than 24 hrs then ur recharge amount is 150+ on saffer side

Come on yaar I'm switching to TS one of the biggest reason is Airtel thanks app in a calendar month more than 10 days app is down every time throwing a error as try again later team working on it with blu**y dth symbol

Ex) if one customer spend somedays in home a week then outstation he's on base pack then why he need to recharge 200 remaining amount gone vain ?? IMO recharge value must be from 10 or 20 like telecom .. 50 itself not good

Be it airtel or Tata Sky, post midnight for few hrs servers undergo maintenance hence there is downtime. Not used Tata Sky for last 2 yrs but i agree that their app is more flawless but at same time airtel has improved a lot though they need to still fix some bugs which they surely will

If u regularly moving from home to outstation and vice versa every week then i do understand some recharge amount might go waste. Airtel should reduce min post suspension recharge amount and abolish IMF asap, i agree on this. However if u r going on a one off trip then request airtel to activate safe custody and later on while resuming service tell them waive off Safe Custody fee citing that Tata Sky gives it for free or that u do not like losing balance on this, they will happily credit amount back to ur account as goodwill gesture. In my case i always get waiver for IMF

Be it airtel or Tata Sky, post midnight for few hrs servers undergo maintenance hence there is downtime
Night time it won't work at any cost but I'm talking about day time app downtime

Night time it won't work at any cost but I'm talking about day time app downtime
Tata Sky use to face downtime because of high traffic during Cricket Events. So, they came with a solution where we could add Cricket channels in advance. But the channels gets activated on the match day itself. Also portal use to be down for maintenance every Tuesday night. Even that has stopped. Overall you can locate and drop package from the homepage. Meanwhile on Airtel you need to scroll and find which bouquet you are on to drop it. Sometime you gotta browse through 20-30 bouquets to locate in the broadcaster tab and drop it. Also the UI is extremely buggy. Tata Sky's one is completely lag free.

I have not encountered downtime during during day hrs, occasional errors might have happened but very rarely.

Regarding ur worry about losing balance in DTH account while going to and from home to outstation during week, incase u have 2 connections of airtel in ur account then make the connection u want to use only at random times as secondary connection thereby u will lose only few rupees. If same is primary connection then be it airtel or tata sky will lose money as Tata Sky allows temporary suspension only once in calendar yr on primary connection /account and in airtel u can opt for it once in 4 months. If u have single connection then ofcourse Tata Sky policy suits u best right now

Tata Sky allows temporary suspension only once in calendar yr on primary connection /account and in airtel u can opt for it once in 4 months.
Who says ??? This was before TRAI NTO 1.0 rule what ur saying.

Now i guess u can opt to suspend the account for minimum of 5 days and no limit for maximum days. And I guess one can use this feature as many times in a year. @Abhinav842 bro can confirm.

Tata Sky allows temporary suspension only once in calendar yr on primary connection /account and in airtel u can opt for it once in 4 months.
Once in a calendar year was quite old rule, now free unlimited times account can be suspended. Minimum 5 days limit is also not an issue because account can be resumed anytime, no fine is there for early resumption.

Tata Sky use to face downtime because of high traffic during Cricket Events. So, they came with a solution where we could add Cricket channels in advance. But the channels gets activated on the match day itself. Also portal use to be down for maintenance every Tuesday night. Even that has stopped. Overall you can locate and drop package from the homepage. Meanwhile on Airtel you need to scroll and find which bouquet you are on to drop it. Sometime you gotta browse through 20-30 bouquets to locate in the broadcaster tab and drop it. Also the UI is extremely buggy. Tata Sky's one is completely lag free.

Airtel server rarely faces issues while any big sporting event is starting, but yes they can adopt Tata Sky strategy of advance request and on date activation.

Locating activated bouquet in airtel is not difficult, it appears at bottom of each broadcaster bouquet section when opened... Alternatively there is a tab which if selected displays all ur selected chs only. It is quite easy to make changes in airtel too

Who says ??? This was before TRAI NTO 1.0 rule what ur saying.

Now i guess u can opt to suspend the account for minimum of 5 days and no limit for maximum days. And I guess one can use this feature as many times in a year. @Abhinav842 bro can confirm.

I do not think so. Temporary Suspension can b taken once in a year. Please do confirm again with customer care. Also max limit is 90 days, not unlimited

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock