how a-la-carte pack airtel?

• Thread starter Thread starter vostro
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 10
  • Views Views: Views 6,725

vostro

Reaction score
airtel Digital TV Top Ups | DTH Top Up Plans

IN SHORT: how to get a-la-carte pack as soon as possible on my tv? (pls tell step by step procedure)

IN LONG:
i am really having no experience when it comes to dth.

i ordered for airtel new dth connection through their website, which costed me 1700 rs. and got 1 month economy pack for free.

now as 1 month is already over, i m getting no channels on my airtel dth.

i just want to have a couple of channels like:
#deutsche welle
#ptc punjabi
#cnn
#bbc
#zee punjabi
#animal planet

and for such a small amount of channels i don't want to pay too much.
as i read on airtel's website, one may opt for a-la-carte pack and pay 150 INR per month (170 with tax).

i spent like 6 hours in total last week, just to find out how to opt, pay, and get this pack on my tv, but no success.

there seems to be some issues with the website or the information they are providing.

today i tried calling customer care several timesand pressed 9 to talk with an executive but the call failed, may be because i called them at 10:00 pm.

i even downloaded airtel mobile app on my iphone and android , hoping to get some info there, but there is also no such thing like a-la-carte pack but only adons.

could somebody help me here in this regard?(pls tell step by step procedure)

thanks in advance!
- a pissed off airtel dth subscriber

Send an email to [email protected]

Subject: Change My pack to Alacarte

list of channels:(give the list of channels you want)
Customer id:
Registered Mobile number:
Your name:

Provide these details and they will activate it in less than 48 hrs.

iphifi said:

Customer id:
Your name:

how would they get money(payment of 150-170 rupees) from me? Would they visit me at my registered address to pick up cash ?
Thx for help

iphifi said:

Customer id:
Your name:

how would they get money(payment of 150-170 rupees) from me? Would they visit me at my registered address to pick up cash ?
Thx for help

vostro said:
Thx for help

Bro,amount will deducted in ur adtv account balance,u need to recharge :k

I want all Malayalam channels and star sports1,2and Sony six . How much money for this pack??

And I have a doubt,we can choose a addon pack in it??.for eg: We can add Malayalam addon for 42 rs.

vostro said:
Thx for help

You need to recharge your account. You can do it online or get your local shopkeeper to do it for you. My suggestion is you recharge with Rs.230 as you can avail Rs.10 cashback. You can also recharge with Rs.320, Rs.410, Rs.510 for Rs.15, Rs.20, Rs.40 cashback from ADTV. The alacarte pack cost without any extra topups is 172/pm which means they will deduct Rs. 5.73 per day until your balance runs out.

iphifi said:
You need to recharge your account. You can do it online or get your local shopkeeper to do it for you. My suggestion is you recharge with Rs.230 as you can avail Rs.10 cashback. You can also recharge with Rs.320, Rs.410, Rs.510 for Rs.15, Rs.20, Rs.40 cashback from ADTV. The alacarte pack cost without any extra topups is 172/pm which means they will deduct Rs. 5.73 per day until your balance runs out.

Since 23rd January,2011 I am using Airtel's a-la-cart pack, that time they charged me ₹ 4.93 per day; now increased to ₹ 5.81 per day. As an early adopters I booked my channels @ unbelievable price like HBO @ ₹ 15, Star movies @ ₹ 10 etc etc & not facing any cost escalation for my booked channels.

But now for new subscriber a-la-cart pack is too costly to maintain.

Back
Top Bottom