Discussion How strong concept Star India shows are?

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 61
  • Views: Views 4,866
Where does zee network stand? Colors is dominant in Delhi, star is dominant over most of the HSM regions, and Sony channels have significant presence in western states and urban areas, but it is the Zee network channels that lack a strong regional base for its hindi gec.
Sony is popular in South among Hindi gecs while Zee is popular in Western States and UP-Bihar

Where does zee network stand? Colors is dominant in Delhi, star is dominant over most of the HSM regions, and Sony channels have significant presence in western states and urban areas, but it is the Zee network channels that lack a strong regional base for its hindi gec.
In Northeast and Bengal. Zee Bangla has a strong presence.

TRP is just a way to judge.
It's not way to judge it's reality, no one care about individual way to judge untill unless they are not scoring good, no sponsor will came to them, eventually show will end and no one bring to these kinda show again.
Exactly, Sony's shows you mentioned are cult favourite. Loved across all ages. CID and Aahat started before my birth. Yet, my generation still loves these shows. If you go to youtube. You can find channels like Liv Crime. You can see college kids commenting on how they go there to relieve stress. Even YRF and Sony's shows have so much following that it ended up on platform like Netflix.
Read again I'm talking about ratings and strong concept Star shows has that they keep audience hook-up to screen. YRF shows you are talking ended up miserably and failed to gain impression on Indian TV flop is flop. No way how good they are audience didn't accepted them.
For your kind information Money Heist was flop on TV but gained very well online. So it's all network and team duty to bring more number to channel. Don't make it Sony vs Star it's a fact Star shows are gaining many channels in today's date.

Read again I'm talking about ratings and strong concept Star shows has that they keep audience hook-up to screen.
Quote from the first post. 👇
Even though you will also agree on it that shows like Diya Aur Baati Hum, Saath Nibhana Saathiya, Yeh Rishta Kya Kahlata Hai, Ye Hai Mohabbatein, etc dubbed in regional languages are also scoring good specially among South audience.
This shows how Star India Network is in bringing strong concept for their audience. What you think on it?
You think these are strong concept shows? I am really failing to understand what you are trying to imply here.

I do not watch any of the shows you mentioned personally. I went and read critical reviews. Out of all the shows you highlighted. Only Anupama had got some positive critical reviews.

Quote from the first post. 👇

You think these are strong concept shows? I am really failing to understand what you are trying to imply here.

I do not watch any of the shows you mentioned personally. I went and read critical reviews. Out of all the shows you highlighted. Only Anupama had got some positive critical reviews.
To put one in all,
What majority of us thinks as a strong concept is shows which has really thoughtful story or in simple terms it's watchable. Which I also feel is more apt meaning of strong concept.

What thread starter mean with strong concept is highly dramatic shows which are working on Indian TV since ages.

And there is ambiguity on what exactly to discuss.

You think these are strong concept shows?
The concept which make audience to hook up to tv screen is strong enough.
I've mentioned etc too in which Star India good shows which score good also came. And, mind it I didn't mention shows like Khichdi, Sarabhai vs Sarabhai, Sumit Sambhal Lega, Ek Chabi Hai Pados Mein, Everest, P.O.W, Ssshh koi hai, Hatim, etc. which are strong enough to gain impression online but failed to impress TV audience
What thread starter mean with strong concept is highly dramatic shows which are working on Indian TV since ages.
Exactly this is what I meant.

Exactly this is what I meant.
One question. What's the point of this thread if this is ages old working concept?

We already know people watches these poorly written saas baahu shows. Even without DD FreeDish. Star Utsav was topping rating charts since last two years. By that time we had realised Star Plus had lost it's plot. That it's re-run pay channel was bringing more eyes than the flagship channel of Disney on pay platforms when it was absent from free platforms. They needed to go back to old mass appeal shows.

So according to you strong shows are those which shows
1. marriages every 3 4 months e.g. YRKKH
2. Even in 2021, 2 Women 1 man show
3. Naagin kinda shows
4. Saas Bahu shows

One thing I want to tell you, your definition of strong concept is plain wrong. By your logic shows like kahani ghar ghar ki had a strong concept.

By your logic, Those shows which gets audience attention has strong concept. By that logic we will say ALT balaji is best OTT cause it has people glued to it. But does that show a strong concept?

Also, there is literally no point discussing on this direction less topic.

Last edited:
So according to you strong shows are those
You are putting TV audience and internet audience in same room. Not just in India but in foreign countries too. Money Heist didn't work well on TV but work awesome on Netflix. See TV audience perception is different.
Just look at ZEE TV shows they also shows same concept like Star but they didn't score that much, even Colors is struggling with it's shows? Why only Star is getting success? 🧐
Also, there is literally no point discussing on this direction less topic.
Don't comment anything if you are not interested in. Here I'm just comparing GEC network not online vs offline platforms.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock