I bought airtel xstream 4k box..

@k2max6 bro explain ur doubt bro...
@narender reddy , @k2max6 , Could you guys please confirm if downloaded 4k videos are playing properly or not on the box ?? I had 8 downloaded 4K videos & the box only plays 2 of them...The all other videos are being played with only audio but no video...I just want to make sure if this is the case with everyone else too so that I can contact them regarding this...

My doubt was specific about apps.. I have a non-smart TV and Airtel DTH + Broadband (and no streaming device).. If I want to dump my DTH services at some point in future.. can I use this device only for streaming purpose.. or else should I need to keep paying for DTH services.

If it is not... then I am signing into this box.. at 2250rs (upgrade charges) it looks a good deal for (4k supported) streaming device + DTH + Gold Benefits..
As per the technician you need to keep the DTH active ( i.e min Rs.153. NCF) to use the apps as well but I’ll be testing this out in few days when the balance runs out. There are are a lot of things these people don’t know for sure , so I will be able to answer that for certain in 4-5 days approx.

Last edited:
Thanks @narender reddy and @k2max6 .

If active DTH requirement is there... i can see two problems..

1. Obviously, money. Monthly payments.
2. During rainy days with weak DTH signals, this box will become a show piece in the living room..

Both issues were there in (older) Airtel Internet TV. :(

As per the technician you need to keep the DTH active ( i.e min Rs.153. NCF) to use the apps as well but I’ll be testing this out in few days when the balance runs out. There are are a lot of things these people don’t know for sure , so I will be able to answer that for certain in 4-5 days approx.

Thanks @narender reddy and @k2max6 .

If active DTH requirement is there... i can see two problems..

1. Obviously, money. Monthly payments.
2. During rainy days with weak DTH signals, this box will become a show piece in the living room..

Both issues were there in (older) Airtel Internet TV. :(
You are Correct on your second point.. During rainy days with weak DTH signals, All Apps stop working ( Like Amazon..)

@narender reddy , My thread with so many pics of the box & the connection suddenly disappeared...What the hell ?? Do you have any idea why the admin/mods deleted my thread without any valid reason ??

@narender reddy , My thread with so many pics of the box & the connection suddenly disappeared...What the hell ?? Do you have any idea why the admin/mods deleted my thread without any valid reason ??
Bro check your notification or alert you have got that your post moved to this thread AirTel Xstream Box Got Installed Today actually its your installation thread only . So team moved to that thread . Not need of separate thread for the same :ok2:

Bro check your notification or alert you have got that your post moved to this thread AirTel Xstream Box Got Installed Today actually its your installation thread only . So team moved to that thread . Not need of separate thread for the same :ok2:
I didn't get any such alert or notification of my thread getting moved...See for yourself below...So, I got really shocked...

TEONNsK.png

Ur thread is not deleated Bro, it is appear in Airtel smart section. Team/Admin r moved all xstream box threads in one place...😊

Last edited:
I don't understand why is everyone at this forums hyping-up/recommending/encouraging-companies to launch these silly boxes.

Cable is suposed to be "simple" and straight-forward to use. You can't even record live tv as of yet and even when Airtel actually sends the update OTA, users won't be able to record one channel and watch another simulatenously, if I'm right.

Also there's this HUGE HUGE drawback that you can only use the box till the time you have an active dth subscription. I mean users are paying FULL amount for the device on day one, users are bearing all the responsibilities like replacing the damaged ones themselves but they STILL get locked away the day you switch/deactivate your DTH sub. I mean what is that, why are we enoucraging this stupid anti-consumer product at all. :/

These boxes only makes sense if they were providing IPTV services. Like AndroidTV has an inbuilt channel manager. It would be awesome to use it but nooooo, we are busy hyping up these locked down devices.
Just buy a fire stick or import a mi box if you really need a device to stream content from various OTT apps.

Ur thread is not deleated Bro, it is appear in Airtel smart section. Team/Admin r moved all xstream box threads in one place...😊
I didn't create many threads here on DDF so didn't have much idea about the thread moving procedure here...So I got shocked to see that my thread link is no longer accessible... :p Then @SarfaRaZ cleared my confusion... :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock