I bought airtel xstream 4k box..

I didn't get any such alert or notification of my thread getting moved...See for yourself below...So, I got really shocked...
Its a moderator option while moderating to alert. If he has not alerted, you won't get. I think he should have alerted in this case. Anyways, you can search your latest posts by looking into your profile, if it doesn't appear there then only consider content is removed.

I don't understand why is everyone at this forums hyping-up/recommending/encouraging-companies to launch these silly boxes.

Cable is suposed to be "simple" and straight-forward to use. You can't even record live tv as of yet and even when Airtel actually sends the update OTA, users won't be able to record one channel and watch another simulatenously, if I'm right.

Also there's this HUGE HUGE drawback that you can only use the box till the time you have an active dth subscription. I mean users are paying FULL amount for the device on day one, users are bearing all the responsibilities like replacing the damaged ones themselves but they STILL get locked away the day you switch/deactivate your DTH sub. I mean what is that, why are we enoucraging this stupid anti-consumer product at all. :/

These boxes only makes sense if they were providing IPTV services. Like AndroidTV has an inbuilt channel manager. It would be awesome to use it but nooooo, we are busy hyping up these locked down devices.
Just buy a fire stick or import a mi box if you really need a device to stream content from various OTT apps.
The app will run independently from the DTH subscription...I even removed the cable from the STB & all the apps are still working like many people also confirmed here...I don't know why many people are still confused about this...The apps other than the Xstream app package are NOT linked with your DTH/number...They run separately based on your internet & subscription plan (NetFlix,Prime etc)...Xstream app package is also free for the first year...

Currently you DO NOT need to recharge your DTH to enjoy any app on the Xstream box...

Last edited:
Its a moderator option while moderating to alert. If he has not alerted, you won't get. I think he should have alerted in this case. Anyways, you can search your latest posts by looking into your profile, if it doesn't appear there then only consider content is removed.
Thank You...:) I was just started thinking "mere saath hi kyon ? :(" :ROFLMAO:

Then @SarfaRaZ cleared my confusion... :D

Last edited:
I don't understand why is everyone at this forums hyping-up/recommending/encouraging-companies to launch these silly boxes.

Cable is suposed to be "simple" and straight-forward to use. You can't even record live tv as of yet and even when Airtel actually sends the update OTA, users won't be able to record one channel and watch another simulatenously, if I'm right.

Also there's this HUGE HUGE drawback that you can only use the box till the time you have an active dth subscription. I mean users are paying FULL amount for the device on day one, users are bearing all the responsibilities like replacing the damaged ones themselves but they STILL get locked away the day you switch/deactivate your DTH sub. I mean what is that, why are we enoucraging this stupid anti-consumer product at all. :/

These boxes only makes sense if they were providing IPTV services. Like AndroidTV has an inbuilt channel manager. It would be awesome to use it but nooooo, we are busy hyping up these locked down devices.
Just buy a fire stick or import a mi box if you really need a device to stream content from various OTT apps.
Bro, some pros n cons r in every Dth/Cable sector . Now A days most Customers r expecting better entertainment & advance technology. .I'm choosing this box for better 4k pic & best sound quality purpose ' it's my personal opinion...if u didn't interest with these smart boxes U stay with cable...😊

Last edited:
The app will run independently from the DTH subscription...I even removed the cable from the STB & all the apps are still working like many people also confirmed here...I don't know why many people are still confused about this...The apps other than the Xstream app package are NOT linked with your DTH/number...They run separately based on your internet & subscription plan (NetFlix,Prime etc)...Xstream app package is also free for the first year...

Currently you DO NOT need to recharge your DTH to enjoy any app on the Xstream box...

I am not sure about this latest "smart" box but I did ask an Airtel employee about their last Androd-box. He specifically told me that I will paying the full amount for the box on day one and will only be able to use the box till the time I have an active DTH subscription.

Also, as you mentioned "currently" this is the situation.
Don't you think this sucks a big time that Airtel can decide to block a user with an inactive DTH at any time they desire so?

Bro, some pros n cons r in every Dth/Cable sector . Now A days most Customers r expecting better entertainment & advance technology. .I'm choosing this box for better 4k pic & best sound quality purpose ' it's my personal opinion...if u didn't interest with these smart boxes U stay with cable...😊

I mean, of course, I'm all for the choices. More the merrier.
What I wanted to say though that as consumers we should not encourage the inferior/damaging products. Like say, we know Cigarettes are legal and consumers have choice to smoke but ethically we know that we shouldn't encourage it. Similar case applies here.
Airtel is asking full price for a super-limited device and consumers are encouraging the company by buying and hyping-up the product.

I am not sure about this latest "smart" box but I did ask an Airtel employee about their last Androd-box. He specifically told me that I will paying the full amount for the box on day one and will only be able to use the box till the time I have an active DTH subscription.

Also, as you mentioned "currently" this is the situation.
Don't you think this sucks a big time that Airtel can decide to block a user with an inactive DTH at any time they desire so?
AirTel employees will always say that to you so that you don't stop recharging...but OTT contents will work independently...The Xstream apps may not run after 1 year because the first year is free (maybe they will make it totally free because of the competition but we can't be sure that they will) & after 1 year e may have to subscribe again by paying 999/-...But I firmly believe that other apps like Netflix, Prime & other apps which require their on subscription will continue to be available even if you don't recharge your DTH & they are mostly not linked with your DTH...An example of that is, even if you remove the DTH cable from the box, the apps still running without any issue...

And yes I think they can deactivate a box if not being recharged for a long time...Now will they do it or not, only time can tell...

Last edited:
AirTel employees will always say that to you so that you don't stop recharging...but OTT contents will work independently...The Xstream apps may not run after 1 year because the first year is free (maybe they will make it totally free because of the competition but we can't be sure that they will) & after 1 year e may have to subscribe again by paying 999/-...But I firmly believe that other apps like Netflix, Prime & other apps which require their on subscription will continue to be available even if you don't recharge your DTH & they are mostly not linked with your DTH...An example of that is, even if you remove the DTH cable from the box, the apps still running without any issue...

And yes I think they can deactivate a box if not being recharged for a long time...Now will they do it or not, only time can tell...

That's my whole point bro. They still carry the right to deactivate/block the device ANY given day despite the user paying the full amount on day one along with the ownership liabilities !!!
So why should we promote such devices/restrictions?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock