I support them, but I'm not a lesbian: Celina Jaitely

Reaction score
I have openly supported the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) community and I don't feel shy about doing it.

But what annoys me most is when people pass very stupid remarks. You can't even imagine, people have gone to the extent of saying that I'm a lesbian and my father and brother are gay!

It's so weird and difficult to even understand the mindset of such people. Sadly, people in India have still not accepted the community. It is sad that people have always misunderstood me. However, it does not bother me, nor my family members. I shall still continue to show my support towards the community," Celina Jaitly told DT.

The actress was in Delhi to perform at the sangeet ceremony of Payal Bansal and Deepak Kanodia on Saturday evening in Gurgaon.

When we asked why, being a gay rights campaigner, she skipped the second anniversary celebrations of the decriminalisation of homosexuality which kicked off at Jantar Mantar the same evening, she replied, "Yes, I was aware about the celebrations in the capital, and it's truly a joyous moment for all of us.

Thanks to all who have supported the community. Unfortunately, I recently underwent a knee surgery and haven't been able to concentrate on my work." Knee surgery? Then how was she dancing at the wedding? "The family is known to me for years now, and I couldn't have refused being present at the special occasion. Honestly speaking, it was with a lot of difficulty that I was able to perform on stage. But thankfully, people didn't realise I had problems while dancing. Luckily, the guests enjoyed my performance, and that made me feel so nice."

Celina got engaged last year to Dubai based Australian hotelier Peter Hagg. She proudly told us, "My fiancé was known to my family. In fact, he is my mama's (uncle's) best friend, and that's how we were introduced. He would visit us at home, and gradually, we fell in love.

We plan to get married next year." Wasn't she getting married in September? "We had planned to marry in September. However, my brother's wedding is in September as he is in the army, and will soon be getting transferred. Due to my brother's wedding on September 3, we have had to postpone our wedding," she said, and continued, "We'll get married in the traditional Indian way. Peter is all excited to wear an Indian outfit. Both the families are happy for us."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/I-support-them-but-Im-not-a-lesbian-Celina-Jaitely/articleshow/9087455.cms

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock