DDF Exclusive Important Information On LDP Packs

I am planning to approach Consumer Forum/Court against Tata Sky as they have misled me in the garb of New TRAI Regulations and forced me to change my annual LDP valid till 31.10.2019 into new pack. I have written repeated emails since 28.01.2019 to their customer care, Nodal Officer, CEO by quoting TRAI FAQS, Press Release 10 & 11 of TRAI. But Tata Sky is very cunning, unethical & unprofessional in their response and not restored my LDP since they have discontinued. I have also copied TRAI in all my emails to Tata Sky, and once received reply from TRAI stating that my complaint is forwarded to TS. Please share your inputs if anybody is having similar issues.
Me too got email reverts from trai but ts never considered that Mail.

I have sent email to: [email protected]
The reply received is as under:

"Dear Sir/Madam,
We have received your mail. Thank you for writing to TRAI. Your grievance has been forwarded to your Service Provider for an early resolution. TRAI in its Quality of Service Regulations has provided price protection to the subscribers who have already paid in advance for a specific period. The service providers are mandated to continue such services for such period to the subscriber without any increase in the price of subscription and without altering the other terms of subscription to the disadvantage of the subscriber."

I have forwarded the reply from TRAI to Tata Sky but still not relenting.
Same reply got it on 9th February

You changed the plan by yourself/placed a request for plan change? If that is so then nobody would be able to help you.

Yes, I have changed the plan myself due to misleading information/emails from Tata Sky quoting new TRAI Regulations. Following is the email received from Tata Sky on 29.01.2019:

"Dear Subscriber,
This is with reference to your email on retaining the old packs.
All packs for new and existing subscribers are being discontinued in compliance with the new regulation on pricing. You will be migrated to a new monthly pack which best-fits your viewing requirements post go-live month. Let me assure you the same regulation is applicable for all DTH and Cable operators"

To avoid best-fit pack & threat of blackout and dead line of 31.01.2019, I was forced to select new pack by Tata Sky with mis-representation of TRAI rules.

Yes, I have changed the plan myself due to misleading information/emails from Tata Sky quoting new TRAI Regulations. Following is the email received from Tata Sky on 29.01.2019:

"Dear Subscriber,
All packs for new and existing subscribers are being discontinued in compliance with the new regulation on pricing. You will be migrated to a new monthly pack which best-fits your viewing requirements post go-live month. Let me assure you the same regulation is applicable for all DTH and Cable operators"

To avoid best-fit pack & threat of blackout and dead line of 31.01.2019, I was forced to select new pack by Tata Sky with mis-representation of TRAI rules.

i guess no one except consumer court will help you.

This what i got in reply of my mail:
Dear ******,

Thank you for contacting DishTV.

We would like to apologize for the delay in replying to you and we
appreciate your patience.

This is with reference to your e-mail, as per our records kindly note that
your package has not been migrated yet according to new TRAI regime.

Moreover, as per TRAI’s new guidelines, you now have the freedom to choose
your own channels and make your own plan, as per prices declared by the
broadcasters. You can visit our website www.dishtv.in or My DishTV App or
click on https://bit.ly/2C80Nb6 and easily register your choice as per new
price regime from Best Fit pack, Dish recommended Combos or Make your own
pack options. Your account balance will be carried forward.

Please note that as per the direction of TRAI, all the operators are
required to migrate their subscribers to the new framework with effect
from 1st February 2019.

Should you wish to continue on your old pack, you can do so till your next
recharge.

Furthermore, we have enriched our DishTV platform with more south
channels. To watch these new south channels you will need to realign your
antenna.

For further assistance, please call us on 1860-258-3474.

Thank you for choosing Dish TV and giving us the opportunity to provide
you the best TV viewing experience. We value your association and assure
you of our commitment to serve you better.

Happy Viewing!

Regards,
Ayushi Jain
Customer Service
DISHTV

"Dear Subscriber,

I don't know how this consumer court thing works but hope someone with a good legal backing files a real case on them. These Frauds till last week were openly quoting in replies on twitter that all LDP's are invalid even after TRAI made it clear.

i guess no one except consumer court will help you.
Thanks, I understand that. My purpose of posting here is to get some help/any previous experience of how to fight this in consumer court/forum.
I realize that I should not have taken the new regulations & TRAI deadline of 31.01.2019 seriously

I don't know how this consumer court thing works but hope someone with a good legal backing files a real case on them. These Frauds till last week were openly quoting in replies on twitter that all LDP's are invalid even after TRAI made it clear.
Yes, they continue to do the same even few days back. Even on 11.02.2019, they have replied to me stating that "As discussed, we wish to inform you that the LDP packs for new and existing subscribers are being discontinued in compliance with the new regulation on pricing. We are unable to offer LDP packs to our subscribers wef go-live on 1st Feb 2019. The same regulation is applicable for all DTH and Cable operators."

I have all my communications with Tata Sky & TRAI by e-mails. But I don't know how to make this legally solid case. Any pointer towards this will be helpful.

Yes, they continue to do the same even few days back. Even on 11.02.2019, they have replied to me stating that "As discussed, we wish to inform you that the LDP packs for new and existing subscribers are being discontinued in compliance with the new regulation on pricing. We are unable to offer LDP packs to our subscribers wef go-live on 1st Feb 2019. The same regulation is applicable for all DTH and Cable operators."

I have all my communications with Tata Sky & TRAI by e-mails. But I don't know how to make this legally solid case. Any pointer towards this will be helpful.
I have submitted complaints with Register Complaint - Jago Grahak Jago and INGRAM | Integrated Grievance Redressal Mechanism
I am also preparing myself to file a case in the District Consumer Forum in the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock