IPL 2021| Star Sports | April 9

It was required for Hindi feed as Star Gold 2 is a SD only channel.

Actually having IPL on Star Gold Select might b strategy to increase viewership of the channel apart from ofcourse big advantage of HD Feed. Already channel is unavailable in SVP/HD bouquet and few might have taken thru standalone basis or subscribed to SPP bouquet. Will also help generate revenue for this channel.

Ideally i would have preferred that movie chs should not b used for sports events, movie viewers lose 1 option to watch fav movies. Still if they want to in order to maximise revenue then Star Gold Select should b included in SVP bouquet and in double header match overlapping this should b used for airing 2nd match or in present situation UTV HD should b used

They could make a big deal about 2 simultaneous matches airing at the same time. And air it on flagship channel Star Plus as a special. Their thinking is so much backward when compared to their American counterpart.

Star Plus is such a massive popular channel with a robust audience base and generates huge revenue, they won't disturb regular schedule of Star Plus except in very rare circumstances if it adds value to the channel and does not interfere with regular programming

Star Plus is such a massive popular channel with a robust audience base and generates huge revenue, they won't disturb regular schedule of Star Plus except in very rare circumstances if it adds value to the channel and does not interfere with regular programming
This is a rare circumstance. No two IPL matches has ever taken place simultaneously. And it's a on Friday not in the middle of the week. They could do a big deal about it. Remember they last revamped during an IPL final.

This is a rare circumstance. No two IPL matches has ever taken place simultaneously. And it's a on Friday not in the middle of the week. They could do a big deal about it. Remember they last revamped during an IPL final.

By rare circumstance i mean where broadcaster feels that core audience of that channel will like the content they r planning to air. Star Plus shows have much more ratings/viewership than IPL, why would they disturb its schedule, majority of star plus audience interested in daily soaps rather than cricket.

Also as i have said I m not in favour of GEC, Kids, Movie chs airing sports.... There is reason sports channels exist and those liking sports or any other genre should tune in respective chs

Right now too they r airing on movie channel to maximise revenue rather than making a big deal. Even airing on sports channels can b a big deal, it depends on promotions and strategy

CEWfZxH.png

IPL Matches running Simultaneously on Star Network, first time

SSOcny8.jpg

6bNrMDw.jpg

First time match live on Star Gold Select HD
Why Disney-Star is giving much priority to IPL matches is this a new way to get more revenue from channels when it was with Sony it aired in only 2 channels Sony Max hindi Sony six hindi looks like value of IPL is decreasing.

I think since RCB and DC are two of the strongest teams, that match is being shown on the more important channels, while MI vs SRH is a not-so-important match and so it is being shown on the secondary channels.
? What logic is this? Every team is important and strong. BTW MI SRH won IPL in past!
All channels are important and it's obvious match telecasting on Hindi 1 and English 1 are easily accessible where as other match can't be miss by any fan so they provided multiple options for watchers in each category.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock