IPL Media Rights 2023-2027

Who Will Acquire IPL Brodcast Rights For 2023-2027?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last edited:
Non-exclusive is only for Digital no TV involved in that.. They are just making id*otic claims.
Ok. I am confused.
They already have digital rights, which consists of all the matches (if I am not wrong). They why did they buy non-exclusive ones as well, if it isn't for TV?

So that Hotstar doesn’t air those matches for cheaper
17pXchP.png

Ok. I am confused.
They already have digital rights, which consists of all the matches (if I am not wrong). They why did they buy non-exclusive ones as well, if it isn't for TV?
To maintain exclusivity,
With exclusive Ott rights they can demand whatever they want from advertiser.

Viacom18 released a statement and they're talking about making IPL accessible to 60 Million FreeDish homes.
yArOFDc.jpg
GdIOHVo.jpg
60 million free dish homes means they may introduce online streaming to such places(not only free dish houses, all technically and economically backward areas). Therefore it will be a huge project of implementing internet access and providing streaming devices at low cost, like Jio phone. But that IPL stream bears more ads. More ads means stream will delay.
Or else Viacom 18 have to make a deal with Star.

I think After winning Ipl bidding for year 2023-2027 Disney-Star will be planning to launch sports channels like star sports bhojpuri, star sports gujrati, star sports Assamese, star sports urdu and star sports Nepali.
Hope they will launch HD channels also as soon as possible,

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock