Is there picure quality difference btwn SD channel in SD box & SD channel in HD box?

• Thread starter debopom
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 19
  • Views: Views 5,781
Tech Info said:
@DishHD , are you trying to say mpeg4 gives better clarity than mpeg2....?
first of all as far as i know mpeg2 and mpeg4 are just containers they didn't determine the picture quality.. its all are determined by codec. further if the bit rate of mpeg2 is increased it can give the same video quality as mpeg4...

For god sake bro i had already discussed about this few months ago in Dreamdth Forums about video codecs and i am first to say about the future video codec which will be H265 has for MP4 it is H264. Has MP4 has 5 times better PQ than MP2 and it consumes half the data compare to MP2 similarly H265 Video codec have 5 times better PQ then MP4 and it will also Consume half the Data compare to MP4.

if you dont mind 1 more reply from my side..
so you agree if the bit rate of mp2 is doubled than it will give same picture as mp4..?
do you coined the word 5 times better quality from dishtv HD advertisement...if yes than my ans
is..
HD channels has 2073600 pixels..&
SD channels has 414720 pixels..
so HD channels has 5 times more pixels as compared to SD...which results 5 times better quality...

U guys are giving expert viewes which most of people doesnt knows

But clear main Question which thread starter had asked

Tech Info said:
so you agree if the bit rate of mp2 is doubled than it will give same picture as mp4..?
do you coined the word 5 times better quality from dishtv HD advertisement...if yes than my ans
is..
so HD channels has 5 times more pixels as compared to SD...which results 5 times better quality...

Did you ever heard about H265 video codec. :s

DishHD said:
Did you ever heard about H265 video codec. :s

I am using h264 from many days..
further h265 is developed for 4k videos...which still can be telecast with h264 but it will take some more space....

here few members are already complaining about our discussion..so it is better for both of us to stay on topic and do not discuss about codecs....

Tech Info said:
is..

Just Check who thanked me for this post and now he is teasing me in the same topic. What a Crazy world i live in.

:u

Screenshot_39.png

this is the forum here we share news..
you shared that news and i liked it.....
and yes at that time i was unaware of h265...but not now...

Sd channel pq is same on both boxes..PQ improve on tv due to hdmi than composite input to tv which makes the difference.(me not yet checked with component input).There is a significant improvement in sd channel with hdmi connection.

@dishhd

Dear brother we are not against you...If anyone post here that should be true so that it will be useful for all..Thread starter asked a useful qn...

Let me had add some details about Cables + Tv Sets

1. A/V Cable Designed for Normal Flat Tv 19 Inch to 29 Inch Flat Tv. Perfect for Watching SD Channels, Playing Old Gadget games like Like Play station 1 and 2. Max Rate 480i/480p
2. Component Cable Designed for Plasma TVs size 24 inch to 50 inch defends many 50 Inch Plasma Tvs are 720p that's the reason plasma Tvs are so cheap compare to LCD or LED even though they have much better Hertz rate compare to Lcd or Led Tvs. Best for Watching DvDs , Play Station 3 or Xbox 360. Max Rate 480i/p, 576 i/p, 720i/p.
3. Hdmi Cable Designed for LCD and LED Tvs size from 24 Inch to 100 Inch. Best for Any High Definition Content in 1080i/p and best to use in MP4 HD Setbox, Playstation 4, Xbox One, Bluray Player many many more. Max Rate 480i/p, 576 i/p, 720i/p, 1080i/p, some can handle 4k and 8k.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock