Madras HC rules in favour of Arasu Corporation in dispute with TRAI

Arasu has full rights to create new LCOs but not by grabbing old LCOs control room and infrastructure. At least in this you agree with me.

Talk to someone affected by Arasu's recent moves. Then how Arasu has changed from 2011.

Viki said:
Arasu has full rights to create new LCOs but not by grabbing old LCOs control room and infrastructure. At least in this you agree with me.

Viki said:
Talk to someone affected by Arasu's recent moves. Then how Arasu has changed from 2011.

Well, I'm not someone who enjoys while someone suffers. I understand that the LCO's too have families and they too have to do their business but they too have to understand what the people want and deliver as per the peoples wish. No business can succeed without a proper mutual benefit.

As a public i expect a quality cable service and at the moment i find only Arasu able to deliver the cable service at everyones interest. Other MSO's are either too selfish and make DAS packages costly to promote their own list of channels or their MSO is too small to challenge the others and find their place.

I wish and hope that some agreement is reached between the LCO's and Arasu so people get to watch all the channels at an affordable cost.

Time will say whether Arasu is really working on everyone's interest , or for few's interest in commission or share.

Surprisingly that is not too far away!!!

4 week time is over, still no update on TRAI's reply to Madras HC. Madras HC has clearly said that there should be no partiality shown between Central and State Govt and its totally unfair to keep Arasu's request for DAS license pending for so long and it has to be reviewed and a decision has to be reached at the earliest.

Hope in the coming weeks there would be some positive reply from TRAI on Arasu's DAS license and Arasu is given a chance to serve the Chennai public.

==

dinamalar%20211213a.jpg

dinamani201213.jpg

PT%20201213.jpg

Already TRAI passed a law which says only 50% of cable connections should be hold by a MSO in a State (to curb the monopoly)..

That recent move by TRAI intend us to think that rules are only to curb Arasu.

TDSAT decision for Arasu haven't come yet..

I don't think Arasu will get DAS license before elections or anytime sooner..:-/:-/

aravindan said:
Already TRAI passed a law which says only 50% of cable connections should be hold by a MSO in a State (to curb the monopoly)..

That recent move by TRAI intend us to think that rules are only to curb Arasu.

I think TRAI can only recommend and I&B ministry would pass the law. Also this recommendation may not be able to control Arasu as the following comment seems to nullify the first.

The single entity MSO which has an existing market share of over 50 per cent in a state, however, will not need to cut down its majority control. But it will not be permitted to merge or acquire the control of any other MSO or local cable operator (LCO) in that market. Ref: http://www.trai.gov.in/WriteReadData/Recommendation/Documents/Recommendations__Cable_monopoly__final__261113%20(1).pdf

Also The TRAI recommendations on measures to check cable TV monopolies will need the government approval to come into effect and we clearly dont know if it has got the govt's approval for the same, so it would be better for Arasu to do some good work in Chennai at the earliest, otherwise it could be too too late.

aravindan said:
TDSAT decision for Arasu haven't come yet..

I don't know if TDSAT can decide on this as the Supreme Court says the TDSAT cannot admit petitions challenging the rules laid down by Trai.

aravindan said:
I don't think Arasu will get DAS license before elections or anytime sooner..:-/:-/

Since Arasu has already received CAS license from TRAI and is a full functioning MSO unlike the others who have applied are yet to start any business, TRAI might add Arasu as an exception and award the DAS license. Hope the Madras HC would help Arasu and its subscribers on this.

HOUSE-MD said:
Since Arasu has already received CAS license from TRAI and is a full functioning MSO unlike the others who have applied are yet to start any business, TRAI might add Arasu as an exception and award the DAS license. Hope the Madras HC would help Arasu and its subscribers on this.

CAS license also going to expire..

aravindan said:
CAS license also going to expire..

That wont be a problem i think as per the following comment from the Madras HC.

In the interim order, Justice V. Dhanapalan said it was not known why the Centre had not taken any decision on Arasu Cable TV’s application so far.

The petitioner had been permitted for multi system operations. Considering that the petitioner had applied to the Centre for DAS licence, the court felt that the centre was not justified in keeping the matter pending.

When the authorities of the Centre and the State were not in a position to take a decision on the DAS licence as the case may be, the ultimate sufferers were innocent subscribers.

Therefore, he was of the considered opinion that the subscribers could not be put to hardship and irreparable loss. As such there could not be any disconnection of signals to the subscribers by the authorities.

So unless a decision is reached on Arasu's DAS license, Arasu can continue its analogue and there could not be any disconnection of signals to the subscribers. So CAS or DAS license wouldn't be an issue.

Don't worry guys..
Arasu won't enter to Chennai in next 10 years..
SCV analog will continue in Chennai till the time..
We have to write and read blogs in this forum.
Nothing will change till that time.
Jan 2013 every one expected SCV will go out from Chennai..
more than one year gone past..
Nothing other than days only past way.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock