Madras HC rules in favour of Arasu Corporation in dispute with TRAI

aravindan said:
If you're not conviced with HOUSE-MD's statistics, a Statistical tiger (Pullivivara Puli), then somebody should born to convince you..

Thanks for your comment, I'm sure Arasu has 100 times better and wiser people who are seriously discussing on how to nationalize cable tv business and effectively make Arasu a Government Monopoly.

aravindan said:
I'm residing near vellore, getting Arasu Analog, paying Rs100 for nearly 95 channels in good quality covering all genres of channels.

Earlier I had paid, Rs.130-170 when SCV, Jak as MSO.

My LCO is ok with Rs.100.(Actually Rs70 to be collected). If he asks up-to Rs.130, I'm ready to pay that amount for this arasu analog pack.

Same here, I'm ready to pay upto Rs 130 for the current package and upto Rs 150/Rs 170 for a full DAS package (Most of Tamil, English and Sports channels).

aravindan said:
There are some other poor people lives in rural areas who are unable to pay this Rs.100 just to watch SUN TV daily soaps (They don't watch english or hindi channels).

This is what i have been arguing since the beginning and people say that i want everything for free.

Since i can pay Rs 150 or 200 for my cable tv i cant expect a very old person living with a small pension or a small school going kid surviving with a parent who makes a small daily wage struggling to make a daily living or living with just the governments free provision, they too deserve cable tv and they too deserve both state, national and international news, sports and other basic channels (the exact style how TRAI has suggested and like how it happens in other cities across the nation) without having to invest on costly and cumbersome equipments like a dish antenna for free dish.

Only Arasu makes this possible. Cable Tv affordable for all.

And for others who say that I'm asking unwanted/peculiar/multiple channels for Rs 100 or Rs 150 or whatever my answer would be "If my government offer me such a service (called Arasu) that gives all my preferred channels then yes, i do want it".

Your "புள்ளிவிபர புலி" in this thread told

1 .
TCCL offer a good english language package at Rs 133.50 and SCV the same at Rs 215, why should we pay Rs 81.5 higher for some channels i don't understand?

I asked prove it , later he instead of proving it he compared SCV and TCCL packages 133.50. I answered him how it is wrong to compare SCV's 215 package and TCCL's 133.50 package , But he never answered for that or acknowledged that he has done mistake in comparing package.

He said why LCO's should not have multiple MSO's signal or multiple LCO's in a Area

We answered it is practically impossible. Did he replied for that?

But no service has to be forced on a customer.

Support?? Who asks for our support? don't they just take it or force us to support??

When LCO's forcing other MSO's signals like SCV he is against that but , he is not against Arasu when Arasu don't it. I asked why this double standard? - No answer for that still.

did you ever used Arasu cable service?!! Do you think Rest of Tamil Nadu getting good service under Arasu cable...
I asked this . No answer still.

Failure to award Arasu with DAS license has stopped DAS in Chennai. So who stopped it? HuH HuH

Is it mandatory to give license to all the applicants , did all the applicants get the license...If you are not eligible for something is it fair to stop that implementing!? Then what is public service in that?!

- No Answer.

Ask your "புள்ளிவிபர புலி" to answer these first.

Viki said:
Get the reality man , talk to people from village and LCO's are they happy with Arasu when SUN Tv was not there...How many of them moved away from Cable to DTH just to get SUN TV?!

What i see is a huge 90% percent of normal people who are happy with what Arasu Gives and yes they were disappointed when few channels were unavailable and they got pleased when the same was made available. These people never moved out of Arasu.

Yes, those 10% people who stick with one channel and move with it would still go non matter what. We cant change that.

Viki said:
May be you are a big fan of Arasu!!! But you have to accept the Cable TV business killer now is non other than Arasu...

If something is legal and fair no one can kill it, they brought this on themselves and Arasu trying to clean up the mess is being framed as a villain which would never work with the public. To test this these people can allow new operators in their area and see how people migrating their connection within a day or two and these people lose their business.

It would be better if the LCO's think what is good for the moment and for the future and and move towards the Government service and put effort on how to deliver it to the people in a better way.

HOUSE-MD said:
Thanks for your comment, I'm sure Arasu has 100 times better and wiser people who are seriously discussing on how to nationalize cable tv business and effectively make Arasu a Government Monopoly.

Is it you or we who were discussing about nationalization of cable tv business and make only Arasu in the market?! - It is you who said Cable TV is nationalized!!!!!

HOUSE-MD said:
Since i can pay Rs 150 or 200 for my cable tv i cant expect a very old person living with a small pension or a small school going kid surviving with a parent who makes a small daily wage struggling to make a daily living or living with just the governments free provision, they too deserve cable tv and they too deserve both state, national and international news, sports and other basic channels (the exact style how TRAI has suggested and like how it happens in other cities across the nation) without having to invest on costly and cumbersome equipments like a dish antenna for free dish.

Only Arasu makes this possible. Cable Tv affordable for all.

Now coming to your point , who is charging more for the STB. Is it Arasu's proposed price or SCV or TCCL's price!!! It is Arasu's price...Then how you are telling Arasu will be cheaper!!!And how are you commenting on the packages when it is not even revealed from Arasu and most of the MSO's packages are still a proposed packages!

FYI Arasu is cheaper in Rest of the Tamil Nadu in the cost of LCO's and Channels and Money from Govt. The money from Govt is nothing but people's indirect money. The LCO's and Channels cannot have good relationship with Arasu with current situation.. That is the true reality , talk to a channel person or a LCO in Rest of Tamil Nadu.

Just reading in forum or news will not give you the real ground reality.

Finally , if you still say Arasu is the best , will do good for people. I have nothing to say. I wish that your faith in Arasu should come true , all the best for that.

As I have been following TV Media for more than 15 years and in DTH forums for around 10 years , my personal advise for you at least be open when you are coming for a discussion. Accept the facts if the opponent give some valid points. Don't just always stick to what you believe..

On this topic , just explore

1. Why LCO's is now against Arasu ? But same LCO's welcomed Arasu when it was restarted in 2011.

2. Why Jaya TV became pay channel just after Arasu is restarted?

3. Why Arasu paying huge money to Jaya TV?

4. If people interest is the first why only through Arasu? Why not TCCL or ACV or JAK or SCV?

5. Did Arasu build their infrastructure? No , they have leased control rooms from LCO's , did they pay lease amount?

6. LCO's doing cabling , cable cost and all the man power cost goes to LCO's. Say my LCO has 1000 connections and he is getting Rs 50 per connection. For him 50000 is enough to handle cabling ? Man power ? And EB charge? Mind he is doing business not public service.

7. And is that all Ration card holders using Cable TV? Do you know in most of the Rest of Tamil Nadu city the LCO's subscriber numbers were fixed based on the no of Ration cards in that area!

8. Why Arasu is forcing LCO's to subscribe only to them? Do you Arasu is capturing the control rooms of the LCO's who is not with Arasu , with the help of local authorities? Do you just give away all your investments Arasu and leave if Arasu asks so?

Well, i cant keep repeating my replies to every post and also its hard to keep replying to every post her due to time contrains.

Viki said:
1 .

I asked prove it , later he instead of proving it he compared SCV and TCCL packages 133.50. I answered him how it is wrong to compare SCV's 215 package and TCCL's 133.50 package , But he never answered for that or acknowledged that he has done mistake in comparing package.

This is a valid comparison as per the following,

1: TCCL 133.5 package has 4 Eng movie channels which is available only in SCV Rs 215 Package while the Rs 133.50 has none.
2: TCCL 133.5 package has 1 GEC (NGC Wild) channel which is available only in SCV Rs 215 Package while the Rs 133.50 has none.

Then how are you expecting me to compare a good package by TCCL (Arasu offers the exact at Rs 70/100).

Viki said:

We answered it is practically impossible. Did he replied for that?

I replied the same several times, please check my earlier posts.

Multiple LCO's in the same area? Why is this not possible? Did LCO's get any special rights from somewhere to stop other LCO's from operating in their areas? What makes LCO's business so special that makes them request for competition less service?

With this much opposition from LCO's i wish if Arasu doesnt wait any longer and creates its own LCO's in every single area so people can choose who they may subscribe to.

Let the people choose.

Viki said:

When LCO's forcing other MSO's signals like SCV he is against that but , he is not against Arasu when Arasu don't it. I asked why this double standard? - No answer for that still.

Yes, i prefer public service as opposed to private service. Arasu is a public service.

When Arasu which is a state govt corporation tries to offer me a decent package for an affordable fare and when i feel that people in general would be highly benifitted with this service why should i oppose?

Did we oppose TN Govt gave rice for Rs 1 and later the same rice for free, drinking water brought down to Rs 10 per liter, govt vegetable shops sells vegetables as cheaper rates and when govt food stalls sell food at an very much affordable rates?

When we dont oppose all the above and consider them as a boon for the public why do we oppose when it comes to cable TV?

Now dont say Arasu isnt a monopoly in the above while it is in cable TV, Arasu is forced to become a Govt monopoly as there are too many opposition from the LCO's for Arasu to create newer LCO'S and the same LCO's wont subscribe to Arasu as well. So reach the people Govt monopolism has become a must.

Viki said:
4. did you ever used Arasu cable service?!! Do you think Rest of Tamil Nadu getting good service under Arasu cable.

I asked this . No answer still.

Yes, i've never used Arasu cable and nothing would be good in the initial. But with a public service we can make it good in a short time.

Viki said:

Is it mandatory to give license to all the applicants , did all the applicants get the license...If you are not eligible for something is it fair to stop that implementing!? Then what is public service in that?!

- No Answer.

I think Madras HC comment on this is better to be quoted here....

In the interim order, Justice V. Dhanapalan said it was not known why the Centre had not taken any decision on Arasu Cable TV’s application so far.

The petitioner had been permitted for multi system operations. Considering that the petitioner had applied to the Centre for DAS licence, the court felt that the centre was not justified in keeping the matter pending.

HOUSE-MD said:
This is a valid comparison as per the following,

1: TCCL 133.5 package has 4 Eng movie channels which is available only in SCV Rs 215 Package while the Rs 133.50 has none.
2: TCCL 133.5 package has 1 GEC (NGC Wild) channel which is available only in SCV Rs 215 Package while the Rs 133.50 has none.

Right , did you do this comparison initially? Is it not you who compared 133.50 package and 215 package and said

TCCL offer a good english language package at Rs 133.50 and SCV the same at Rs 215, why should we pay Rs 81.5 higher for some channels i don't understand?

I replied the same several times, please check my earlier posts.

Multiple LCO's in the same area? Why is this not possible? Did LCO's get any special rights from somewhere to stop other LCO's from operating in their areas? What makes LCO's business so special that makes them request for competition less service?

With this much opposition from LCO's i wish if Arasu doesnt wait any longer and creates its own LCO's in every single area so people can choose who they may subscribe to.

Let the people choose.

I said it is practically impossible that to with Arasu's price! Whant to know why? Talk to your LCO why there is no other LCO in your area. It is impossible for them to get profit with their huge investment for running a LCO. It is mutual understanding between LCO's not to enter others areas.

Yes, i prefer public service as opposed to private service. Arasu is a public service.

When Arasu which is a state govt corporation tries to offer me a decent package for an affordable fare and when i feel that people in general would be highly benifitted with this service why should i oppose?

Did we oppose TN Govt gave rice for Rs 1 and later the same rice for free, drinking water brought down to Rs 10 per liter, govt vegetable shops sells vegetables as cheaper rates and when govt food stalls sell food at an very much affordable rates?

When we dont oppose all the above and consider them as a boon for the public why do we oppose when it comes to cable TV?

Now dont say Arasu isnt a monopoly in the above while it is in cable TV, Arasu is forced to become a Govt monopoly as there are too many opposition from the LCO's for Arasu to create newer LCO'S and the same LCO's wont subscribe to Arasu as well. So reach the people Govt monopolism has become a must.

Did Govt made people only buy free rice or the 1 rupee rice? or drink only Amma water? Or to eat only in Amma Unavagam? Or buy Veg only in it Veg Shop?!! Why only in Cable TV it is forcing?

Bhai , don't tell the story LCO's are against Arasu from day one. They are changed against Arasu only in recent past.

Yes, i've never used Arasu cable and nothing would be good in the initial. But with a public service we can make it good in a short time.

Without using Arasu cable why you are commenting that is Good and will be good?!

I think Madras HC comment on this is better to be quoted here....

But did HC told Central Govt must approve Arasu's petition.

Gujarat Govt & WB govt also applied for cable license , but their petitions also still in pending. Is that Gujarat & WB Govt's didn't implement DAS? If WB & GJ can implement DAS even though they didn't get license then why didn't TN Govt implement DAS?!

It is all politics boss , if you are still believe that Arasu is working for people welfare. Sorry , I can only say All the best. Time will give you the truth.

Viki said:
1. Why LCO's is now against Arasu ? But same LCO's welcomed Arasu when it was restarted in 2011.

May be they got a better offer eleswhere or they feared Arasu will implement online payment system whereby nationalise the business and takeover the entire business. Both of the above could be for financial gains.

They say Arasu forces them to subscribe, what did these people do when Hathway cables were cut and another MSO was forced on them? First tell me why the same people who were silent then are crying aloud now.

Viki said:
2. Why Jaya TV became pay channel just after Arasu is restarted?

Why microsoft dumped vista and brought in windows 7 so early? All these questions has to be asked to the concerned business owners and not me. I'm not an MD of any of these.

Viki said:
3. Why Arasu paying huge money to Jaya TV?

Did you ask why Arasu pays Sun TV a whooping Rs 3crore a month?? I'm not a representative of Arasu to reply this query. Do you have problem with Arasu or Jaya TV or both. Please clarify.

Viki said:
4. If people interest is the first why only through Arasu? Why not TCCL or ACV or JAK or SCV?

Who stopped LCO's from subscribing to TCCL?
Why LCO's didnt take up an excellent offer (JAK STB + Platinum package for 1 year at Rs 1500) by JAK??

Why Chennai people are denied of Arasu MSO?

Viki said:
5. Did Arasu build their infrastructure? No , they have leased control rooms from LCO's , did they pay lease amount?

May be LCO's can go to court if they somewthing goes wrong. But if cable tv business is nationalised then Arasu might pay the lease amount directly to the benificiary or might have its own controlrooms.

Viki said:
6. LCO's doing cabling , cable cost and all the man power cost goes to LCO's. Say my LCO has 1000 connections and he is getting Rs 50 per connection. For him 50000 is enough to handle cabling ? Man power ? And EB charge? Mind he is doing business not public service.

May be they have to stop opposing Arasu and start discussing the same with them and get a better offer.

Viki said:
7. And is that all Ration card holders using Cable TV? Do you know in most of the Rest of Tamil Nadu city the LCO's subscriber numbers were fixed based on the no of Ration cards in that area!

I think atleast 90% of the ration card holders have tv's at home and in that atleast 90% have a cable TV connection. Lets leave this question to the experts.

Viki said:
8. Why Arasu is forcing LCO's to subscribe only to them? Do you Arasu is capturing the control rooms of the LCO's who is not with Arasu , with the help of local authorities? Do you just give away all your investments Arasu and leave if Arasu asks so?

Where in chennai has this happend? Please name those area as im interested in knowing the areas in chennai which are in Arasu control.

Do you know how many properties were bought by state governments across india to build airports, roads, flyovers etc... etc.... Why cant Arasu do the same while they Nationalise the cable tv business?

Please note that that i'm not clear on what the real issues between the LCO's and Arasu so i cant clarify every single tough details, all i speak is in favor of the public service called Arasu so its service can reach the majority of the Chennai population who are desperate to have it.

Boss , don't get excited. I didn't asked those questions to you. I just asked you to explore and find the answers for those questions then you will come to know the reason why I say no to Arasu.

Please note that that i'm not clear on what the real issues between the LCO's and Arasu so i cant clarify every single tough details

If you are not clear on that how you are speaking for Arasu and against LCO's... :)

Viki said:
Boss , don't get excited. I didn't asked those questions to you. I just asked you to explore and find the answers for those questions then you will come to know the reason why I say no to Arasu.

Please note that that i'm not clear on what the real issues between the LCO's and Arasu so i cant clarify every single tough details

If you are not clear on that how you are speaking for Arasu and against LCO's... :)

Well, im not clear on what issue LCO's have with Arasu and if they want Arasu or not. I want Arasu and i can see a majority of the Chennai public who has cable tv too want Arasu. Also i read regular news about LCO's agitation against Arasu and i find most of their reasons wrong so I'm speaking on behalf of Arasu.

This is the reason i want Arasu to try to convert the current LCO's to subscribe to them or Arasu creates its own LCO's so people who want Arasu service can get benefited.

And i see LCO's preventing Arasu from creating new LCO's which i think is illegal as per any legal law.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock