Madras HC rules in favour of Arasu Corporation in dispute with TRAI

sathishbabu4u said:
Viki, i already told rite, HOUSE MD needs uncommon channels (foreign channels , english movies channels and football channels), but a common tamil regional person needs Popular tamil channels , some good english channels, popular sports channels (this only missing in SCV analog, that most LCOs providing for india cricket matches)., these things available in SCV analog, then why i have to connect Arasu which is delaying DAS, not allowing others MSOs to start DAS in chennai. Remember Arasu STB is costier than SCV STB. How can compare SCV and Arasu i don't know.

for foreign channels we can go for freedish. currently they have a lots of international channels and its FREE!!! HouseMD is a peculiar user with peculiar interest who is not ready to spend money and wants everthing on cable for 100Rs, if someone really wants something which they like they dont mind spending, but housemd want everything for 100Rs which will never happen. even if arasu or TCCL comes the situation will not change in chennai it will always be like this only.

HOUSE-MD said:
Had all the LCO's joined with TCCL (MSO formed by a group of LCO's) and moved to DAS and offered such good packages and service then we wouldn't be having this discussion now as we would have been happy with what we have. ;) ;)

Why should all LCO's join TCCL?! Why are you expecting that?? It is LCO's right to select their MSO's...Which would be normally based on longtrem benefit. For his customers he should be in a position to provide all the channels they want also profitable for him. for Some LCO's it might be TCCL , for some it would be SCV or ACV or Arasu...

sathishbabu4u said:
Viki, i already told rite, HOUSE MD needs uncommon channels (foreign channels , english movies channels and football channels), but a common tamil regional person needs Popular tamil channels , some good english channels, popular sports channels (this only missing in SCV analog, that most LCOs providing for india cricket matches)., these things available in SCV analog, then why i have to connect Arasu which is delaying DAS, not allowing others MSOs to start DAS in chennai. Remember Arasu STB is costier than SCV STB. How can compare SCV and Arasu i don't know.

Satvijay said:
for foreign channels we can go for freedish. currently they have a lots of international channels and its FREE!!! HouseMD is a peculiar user with peculiar interest who is not ready to spend money and wants everthing on cable for 100Rs, if someone really wants something which they like they dont mind spending, but housemd want everything for 100Rs which will never happen. even if arasu or TCCL comes the situation will not change in chennai it will always be like this only.

Nothing will be the same for ever, today or tomorrow TRAI will tighten its grip and MSO's would be forced to offer the same package that you say is impossible.

In every state and in every city where DAS was applied this was possible except Chennai, Chennai too would be forced to follow the nation or Arasu will force it.

Denying the BST Rs 100 package to the people the MSO is going against the law and you people may accept what it does and may say "this is how it is", but there are people who cant just sit and let this happen, LAW will have its course if not now SOON.

Q 3. What is a basic service tier (BST). Is it compulsory to choose the BST offered by cable operator?

A. In DAS, cable operator has to compulsorily offer a package of 100 free-to-air (FTA) channels, called Basic Service Tier(BST) at a MRP of Rs. 100/-(exclusive of taxes) per month per connection. The consumer can also choose any combination of free to air channels up to 100 channels, in lieu of the basic service tier offered by the multi-system operator at a MRP of Rs. 100/-(exclusive of taxes). While Cable operator has to offer the Basic Service Tier, it is not obligatory for consumer to subscribe to the BST

aravindan said:
So there is no point in explaining "why Arasu should take over tamilnadu?" to them..

But one thing is clear.. Arasu will be final destination for tamilnadu..:tup

Cheer up HOUSE-MD:tup:clap:sp

Yes, no point in explaining to any single or group who strongly supports a monopoly that goes against law and denies a common man with his choice.

But if they say Arasu is operating without license then they have to know that while TRAI is a central govt body Arasu is a State owned corporation and Arasu has every right to challenge such bodies and defend itself and provide the people with what they want with laws full support.

For people who support FreeDish i can say, "FreeDish is a service from the Central Govt while Arasu is a service from the State Govt" and Arasu is one step ahead and offers better service for the TN people than the other.

Yes, Arasu is Legal and Arasu is Final. :tup :tup

HOUSE-MD said:
Nothing will be the same for ever, today or tomorrow TRAI will tighten its grip and MSO's would be forced to offer the same package that you say is impossible.

In every state and in every city where DAS was applied this was possible except Chennai, Chennai too would be forced to follow the nation or Arasu will force it.

Denying the BST Rs 100 package to the people the MSO is going against the law and you people may accept what it does and may say "this is how it is", but there are people who cant just sit and let this happen, LAW will have its course if not now SOON.

Yes, no point in explaining to any single or group who strongly supports a monopoly that goes against law and denies a common man with his choice.

But if they say Arasu is operating without license then they have to know that while TRAI is a central govt body Arasu is a State owned corporation and Arasu has every right to challenge such bodies and defend itself and provide the people with what they want with laws full support.

For people who support FreeDish i can say, "FreeDish is a service from the Central Govt while Arasu is a service from the State Govt" and Arasu is one step ahead and offers better service for the TN people than the other.

Yes, Arasu is Legal and Arasu is Final. :tup :tup

Simple question...did you ever used Arasu cable service?!! Do you think Rest of Tamil Nadu getting good service under Arasu cable...If you have points don't post just for the sake of argument.

It is not us , it is u who supports Monoploy - Arasu cable.

If SCV is not giving FTA package for 100 there is TRAI and TDSAT to monitor it , and when DAS is implementing in Chennai seriously , definitely SCV has to comeup with more package options.

You want DAS but you support Arasu who is stopping DAS in Chennai. What a contradiction?!

Viki said:
You want DAS but you support Arasu who is stopping DAS in Chennai. What a contradiction?!

Failure to award Arasu with DAS license has stopped DAS in Chennai. So who stopped it? :huh :huh

HOUSE-MD said:
Failure to award Arasu with DAS license has stopped DAS in Chennai. So who stopped it? :huh :huh

Is it mandatory to give license to all the applicants , did all the applicants get the license...If you are not eligible for something is it fair to stop that implementing!? Then what is public service in that?!

Viki said:
Tell me why Arasu should take over Tamil Nadu! What change you have seen in Rest of Tamil Nadu just because of Arasu cable!

Mind , now it is not only SCV LCO's opposing Arasu's moves...It is Arasu's LCO's!! If you don't know about that , that doesn't mean that what ever you speaks is right...

If you don't have points just stay off from this discussion...

If you're not conviced with HOUSE-MD's statistics, a Statistical tiger (Pullivivara Puli), then somebody should born to convince you..

I'm residing near vellore, getting Arasu Analog, paying Rs100 for nearly 95 channels in good quality covering all genres of channels.

Earlier I had paid, Rs.130-170 when SCV, Jak as MSO.

My LCO is ok with Rs.100.(Actually Rs70 to be collected). If he asks up-to Rs.130, I'm ready to pay that amount for this arasu analog pack.

There are some other poor people lives in rural areas who are unable to pay this Rs.100 just to watch SUN TV daily soaps (They don't watch english or hindi channels).

If Arasu don't take over now, cable prices may go to Rs.200(Minimum) in near future which will eventually affect poor people.

Arasu DIGTAL mode is on the way. Lets talk about that...

If you just stay off from this discussion, then we'd start to discuss about betterment need to be done in Arasu rather than criticize it for another week needlessly...:luv:hello

aravindan said:
If you're not conviced with HOUSE-MD's statistics, a Statistical tiger (Pullivivara Puli), then somebody should born to convince you..

I'm residing near vellore, getting Arasu Analog, paying Rs100 for nearly 95 channels in good quality covering all genres of channels.

My LCO is ok with Rs.100.(Actually Rs70 to be collected). If he asks up-to Rs.130, I'm ready to pay that amount for this arasu analog pack.

There are some other poor people lives in rural areas who are unable to pay this Rs.100 just to watch SUN TV daily soaps (They don't watch english or hindi channels).

If Arasu don't take over now, cable prices may go to Rs.200(Minimum) in near future which will eventually affect poor people.

If you just stay off from this discussion, then we'd start to discuss about betterment need to be done in Arasu rather than criticize it for another week needlessly...:luv:hello

well said brother :clap:clap

aravindan said:

Get the reality man , talk to people from village and LCO's are they happy with Arasu when SUN Tv was not there...How many of them moved away from Cable to DTH just to get SUN TV?! Who said HOUSE-MD's as "புள்ளிவிபர புலி"? In this thread what statics he has given? Show me that first , it doesn't mean that if you call him as "புள்ளிவிபர புலி" we also follow the same.

May be you are a big fan of Arasu!!! But you have to accept the Cable TV business killer now is non other than Arasu...

BTW , who are you to ask me to stay off from this discussion , if you have answers for my questions do answer for that if not please keep quite...you don't have any rights to say me to stay of...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock