Sad News Many Sony channels removed from Tata Sky due to breakdown in contract negotiations (Sony Six HD Readded)

• Thread starter ayanc99
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,172
  • Views: Views 331,049
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they really going to shut down the premium dth TataSky.
No, they have retained all the popular sony channels in same way as DishTv/d2h for long term.

Last edited:
I can share one development, Sony & Tata Sky battle is getting fiercer. Previously Sony was advertising only on social media , newspapers or their own channels to demand channels else boycott Tata Sky but now they have started airing these ads on other networks too. Few mins. back i saw this ad on News 24.

What will happen next? Well wait for TRAI Tariff Order, some solution will happen based on the verdict. Broadcasters and Tata Sky both have much to lose. If Jio really acquires Hathway then pressure on Tata Sky will be extremely high to work out on a new business model to not only grow but importance retain the subscriber base. Expecting some drastic changes & announcements before Diwali. Many channels have completed formalities to get placed on Tata Sky platform but they are kept waiting, looks like Insat 4A will be vacated soon & they are not sure about having adequate bandwidth in near future.

No, they have retained all the popular sony channels in same way as DishTv/d2h for long term.

I won't be surprised if current channels available from Sony Network might also be removed incase bitterness & spat continues for some more days

I can share one development, Sony & Tata Sky battle is getting fiercer. Previously Sony was advertising only on social media , newspapers or their own channels to demand channels else boycott Tata Sky but now they have started airing these ads on other networks too. Few mins. back i saw this ad on News 24.

What will happen next? Well wait for TRAI Tariff Order, some solution will happen based on the verdict. Broadcasters and Tata Sky both have much to lose. If Jio really acquires Hathway then pressure on Tata Sky will be extremely high to work out on a new business model to not only grow but importance retain the subscriber base. Expecting some drastic changes & announcements before Diwali. Many channels have completed formalities to get placed on Tata Sky platform but they are kept waiting, looks like Insat 4A will be vacated soon & they are not sure about having adequate bandwidth in near future.

GSAT-31 For Insat-4A Replacement For Next Year.

Yes How Tata Sky comes to conclusion Sony Rox HD and Sony mix are not popular and not required.In fact off topic Dishtv also refuses to add Sony Rox HD.Dont know how they come to conclusion music channels are not popular and not required..Airtel recently dropped 2 music channels and D2h has no HD music channels.

They have kept a balance while taking this decision. While most channels having good viewership have been retained but at same time some popular ones like Sony Mix, AXN Sony Pal, Sony Pix have deliberately been removed so that broadcasters suffers loss in TRP thus leading to subsequent reduction in ad revenue & show greater interest to renew agreement on their terms. As if this was not enough many niche channels like Sony BBC , Sports & HD channels have been discontinued which is hurting Sony the most bcoz Tata Sky commands max reach in HD segment & trying to gain leverage out of this

Guys I called TS CC for more than 15 times for some of my technical problems, but they had put both the toll-free and normal lines busy only beeping sound coming. Is this Sony effect. What should I do?

They have kept a balance while taking this decision. While most channels having good viewership have been retained but at same time some popular ones like Sony Mix, AXN Sony Pal, Sony Pix have deliberately been removed so that broadcasters suffers loss in TRP thus leading to subsequent reduction in ad revenue & show greater interest to renew agreement on their terms. As if this was not enough many niche channels like Sony BBC , Sports & HD channels have been discontinued which is hurting Sony the most bcoz Tata Sky commands max reach in HD segment & trying to gain leverage out of this
Finally some proper inner-view of TS strategy!

GSAT-31 For Insat-4A Replacement For Next Year.

I know that bhai but Tata Sky will always be doubtful about getting that within assigned timeframe considering the past rough experience they had to face. By the way, first let's pray that this satellite is glitch free, transported properly on time, launch is successful, testing/activation of transponders happens as per plan and finally allocation of transponders is done quickly. Long way to go and which is why Tata Sky is cautious on each step.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock