Sad News Many Sony channels removed from Tata Sky due to breakdown in contract negotiations (Sony Six HD Readded)

• Thread starter ayanc99
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,172
  • Views: Views 332,005
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't be surprised if current channels available from Sony Network might also be removed incase bitterness & spat continues for some more days
I disagree with you on this, if they remove those channels then everyone will move away from tatasky.

Finally some proper inner-view of TS strategy!

Thanks for the appreciation bhai. It's important to always dwell deep into facts, analyze various things & connect dots before presenting viewpoint or commenting on anything. Just gazing through never brings out true picture, a keen eye + brainstorming is essential for better understanding

I know that bhai but Tata Sky will always be doubtful about getting that within assigned timeframe considering the past rough experience they had to face. By the way, first let's pray that this satellite is glitch free, transported properly on time, launch is successful, testing is successful and finally allocation of transponders is done quickly. Long way to go and which is why Tata Sky is cautious on each step.

I Fully Agree With You Bro It's Little Bit Time Spending & Critical Processes.

This sony people are asking us to switch to other dth. Is it that easy??. I have invested around 30 k in Tata Sky (3 hd box one hd + transfer box plus 15 k annual subscription). I am totally satisfied with TS service. Only channel I am badly missing is bbc earth hd. If sony wants to demand high price from ts then first they should drop all ads from their pay channels. Improve content of movies on max hd ( one or two south dubbed movies a week is ok but every day 2-3 dubbed movies in not acceptable on a hindi movie channel)(they can start a separate channel for dubbed movies ). We are already paying around 8500 annual pack. Tata Sky is right. What is the guarantee that sony will not have problems with other dth and cable operators in future if we change operator. So we will have change operator every 6 months??. Tata Sky is right in teaching sony a lesson.

This sony people are asking us to switch to other dth. Is it that easy??. I have invested around 30 k in Tata Sky (3 hd box one hd + transfer box plus 15 k annual subscription). I am totally satisfied with TS service. Only channel I am badly missing is bbc earth hd. If sony wants to demand high price from ts then first they should drop all ads from their pay channels. Improve content of movies on max hd ( one or two south dubbed movies a week is ok but every day 2-3 dubbed movies in not acceptable on a hindi movie channel)(they can start a separate channel for dubbed movies ). We are already paying around 8500 annual pack. Tata Sky is right. What is the guarantee that sony will not have problems with other dth and cable operators in future if we change operator. So we will have change operator every 6 months??. Tata Sky is right in teaching sony a lesson.
I think tata sky is charging more from their subscribers but do not want to pay to Sony. Other DTH's are paying why not Tata Sky pays. Tata Sky is at fault.

Why to charge a customer when Tata Sky don't want to pay to channel. Tata Sky charges premium over other DTH but yet don't want to pay channel according to no. of subscribers to it, Its just like a shopkeeper charges Tax from its customers but does not deposit in government account.

I called CC and ask for full refund and they are ready to refund. I told them I will wait till 15th oct.asi recharged semi annual ultra HD and 2 months complete on that day

I disagree with you on this, if they remove those channels then everyone will move away from tatasky.

Bro, i am not making this statement just on the basis of rift in relation between them. If this impasse continues then sustaining or running the business will be economically unviable for Tata Sky, please note that Sony Network Channels are being provided on RIO basis and cost per subscriber payable to broadcaster for each channel work out to be multiple times more as compared to a fixed deal agreement. It's safe to assume that almost 90% subscribers must have opted for these channels depending on packs subscribed by them hence Tata Sky must be losing out bigtime. Sony will be more than happy if subscribers start to move out & take a hit on revenues in the interim. Remember only viewership of HD channels will be severely impacted, SD channels TRP is not influenced to any major level due to unavailability on Tata Sky platform. I can give u many examples of Channels not present on Tata Sky but performing quite well, this includes mass and niche SD channels.

There r only 2 more options open if they aren't able to reach a solution-

Removal of all channels whereby both parties will suffer but Tata Sky will bear the max brunt of subscribers for not being able to fulfill commitment. Trust will be lost , they will shift and Sony will come out a winner at later stage.

Tata Sky can reduce price of base pack & provide all SPNI channels on RIO, there will be few takers & again blamegame will continue. In this situation Tata Sky will not have to worry about paying more , they will simply pass on what they get but again churn rate will be rampant.

I am sure issue will be settled soon but it's upto Tata Sky how they handle situation at both ends during present critical moment

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock