Discussion Marathi Serials and Reality Show Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Shantanu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 5,866
  • Views Views: Views 684,062
As per my opinion Sony Marathi having very good fiction shows which is different than other marathi gecs. Other marathi gecs are showing typical sas bahu, love stories and extra marital affairs. But sony having different stories;
1. Aai Majhi Kalubai is an different type of mythological serial which is belongs to Aarya and Goddess Kalubai connection.
2. Savitrijyoti is based on life of Mahatma Jotiba Phule and Savitribai Phule who known for their work of women education and empowerment.
3. Swarajya Janani Jijamata is based on life of Jijamata -mother of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
Shrimanta Gharachi Soon - is an Sas Bahu serial but with different angle.
5. Jigarbaaj - is an story of 3 RMO's who trying to save their hospital from MLA.
Assa Maher Nako Ga Bai - is an comedy plus drama serial which having light mood of entertainment.
Chandane Shimpit Jashi (upcoming) as per promo it looks like a story of girl who having a passion to prove herself.

by the way it's my opinion. I think because of nto and lacs of proper promotion it seems that Sony Marathi is lagging behind.
Yes bro i agree with you Sony Marathi Serials are really Very Good.

Yes bro i agree with you Sony Marathi Serials are really Very Good.

Still they need to improve their fictions as their current fictions are not doing well and if it would be then the channel would be in top 5 channels and would be near other 3 strong GEC's.

Sony Marathi when launched had good serials but now all of their serials are very cheap and poor presentation (Not talking about historical serials).
They are investing a lot in Non-fictions and Movies but this both will not help them alone they should have strong fiction lineup.

As per my opinion Sony Marathi having very good fiction shows which is different than other marathi gecs. Other marathi gecs are showing typical sas bahu, love stories and extra marital affairs. But sony having different stories;
1. Aai Majhi Kalubai is an different type of mythological serial which is belongs to Aarya and Goddess Kalubai connection.
2. Savitrijyoti is based on life of Mahatma Jotiba Phule and Savitribai Phule who known for their work of women education and empowerment.
3. Swarajya Janani Jijamata is based on life of Jijamata -mother of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
Shrimanta Gharachi Soon - is an Sas Bahu serial but with different angle.
5. Jigarbaaj - is an story of 3 RMO's who trying to save their hospital from MLA.
Assa Maher Nako Ga Bai - is an comedy plus drama serial which having light mood of entertainment.
Chandane Shimpit Jashi (upcoming) as per promo it looks like a story of girl who having a passion to prove herself.

by the way it's my opinion. I think because of nto and lacs of proper promotion it seems that Sony Marathi is lagging behind.

Sony Marathi is good then Colors Marathi for new movies and non fictions.
While Colors Marathi better for fictions then Sony Marathi but their fictions are average and not good.
Both channels are good for Award shows and any celebration type of shows.
(Some non fictions of Colors Marathi like Bigg Boss Marathi, Sur Nava Dhyas Nava are exceptions as both were Hit and successful).

Last edited:
I think we should relax. STAR Plus, STAR Jalsha and STAR Pravah all took time after rebrand to get steady and beat competitors. Same with Suvarna. Moreover, Suvarna should stop telecasting dub serials in primetime slot. Good serials like Matte Vasanta are wasted in afternoon slots. First they should check that.
Secondly, Suvarna is good as of now with 250 Mn+ AMA. It's not necessary that everytime STAR channel will be leader. I personally feel happy for Zee and Colors in Kannada and Marathi markets. It's them too, who need our support. 😊
P.S. off topic - When I was in school, I used to feel sad when teacher said they expected good marks from toppers and appreciated them only. I always thought why runner ups are not cheered up for. And now, being a fan of TV channels, I implement the same. Every network/channel, be it STAR, ZEE, VIACOM18, SUN or SPN, or any Local network deserves appreciation and love from us fans when they deserve it. Love :hs: :win::kiss2:

Yes I agree with you.
We should stop supporting single network and channel though we are fans of that channel.
We should also support and appreciate other channels.

In this forum also there are Some people who only wants Star Pravah to do great and be no.1 and have its monopoly also they want Zee/Colors or any other Marathi channel to be out of race.
They don't want all Marathi channels to do well.

When Zee Marathi was doing good this people were supporting this channel and wanted Star Pravah and Colors Marathi out of race.

We should Support Or not support atleast appreciate All networks channel whether it's Zee, Star Colors or any other networks like you said teacher should appreciate all students and not only toppers.

Yes I agree with you.
We should stop supporting single network and channel though we are fans of that channel.
We should also support and appreciate other channels.

In this forum also there are Some people who only wants Star Pravah to do great and be no.1 and have its monopoly also they want Zee/Colors or any other Marathi channel to be out of race.
They don't want all Marathi channels to do well.

When Zee Marathi was doing good this people were supporting this channel and wanted Star Pravah and Colors Marathi out of race.

We should Support Or not support atleast appreciate All networks channel whether it's Zee, Star Colors or any other networks like you said teacher should appreciate all students and not only toppers.
I personally feel there is no harm in supporting our favorite channels/network!

It's only wrong when we troll/abuse/spread hatred towards other channels, inorder to support our fav ones..

I will never regret for supporting my favorite channels / network, since I know my limits and I have never spread hatred towards other channels and Networks !

Last edited:
I personally feel there is no harm in supporting our favorite channels/network!

It's only wrong when we troll/abuse/spread hatred towards other channels, inorder to support our fav ones..

I will never regret supporting my favorite channels / network, since I know my limits and I have never spread hatred towards other channels and Networks !

But supporting only single channel and neglecting others and thinking them to be out of race is not fair!

There is nothing wrong in trolling if the channel shows or serials are not up to mark.
If anyone is wrong then it's our responsibility to tell them so some people tell in good way, some in angry way and some troll or whatever they do but they do and not sit quite like dumbs.
Don't expect from anyone to appreciate a donkey.

Do you think I said it to you?
Why are you taking it on you?
Do you feel that you support only single channel and want others to be out of race?
If no then their was no need to take it on yourself and reply.

Off topic-
And by the way if you feel bad then I can't do anything for it as this all was not for you but if you want to take it on yourself then ok.

But supporting only single channel and neglecting others and thinking them to be out of race is not fair!
What is gonna happen even if we think other channels are going out of race?
Will those channels really go out of race if very few People think that way 😂
This is a forum and people have rights to express their views bro!
Just ignore , but don't blame fans for supporting their favorite channels, it's wrong only if they abuse other channels inorder to support their favs!
Do you think I said it to you?
Why are you taking it on you?
Do you feel that you support only single channel and want others to be out of race?
If no then their was no need to take it on yourself and reply.

I have replied because the message that you quoted was a reply to my post!

Just ignore , but don't blame fans for supporting their favorite channels, it's wrong only if they abuse other channels inorder to support their favs!

Yes exactly people have rights to express their views I too say the same.

Before some weeks I was saying that Colors is bringing new serials at that time some ppl targeted me that I do only colors colors you can't digest Star Pravah on the top. This is really ridiculous.

Even when I was expecting something from Star network At that time too I was targeted.
At that time those people didn't ignored me and targeted me as if this forum belongs to them.

Last edited:
Hey! Guys so there is so much talk going about hatred, just cool it down. Also it's a forum where everyone is entitled to share their opinions/views regarding their Favourite Network/Channel but the bad part starts when you start trolling/spreading hate towards competitor network just because it replaced your favourite channel position or something which is harming your favourite Channel/Network, We need to understand that TRPs come from Audience & Audience Can tune to other Channel, no one would watch a boaring program even on their preferred Channel where they usually watch programming. Why People Watch TV, for Entertainment Only!
Also i like to clarify one more Thing i have never talk about any other Networks Like Zee,V18,Sony in general because i don't really watch them neither i know much about their history neither i have any attachment but i don't start abusing about these network just because my Favorite Network Is STAR. People need to just control themselves & if they're actual fans of a network, they need to accept the bad side of it as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom