My Dish TV SD STB Got Updated.

• Thread starter Maveli
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 91
  • Views: Views 38,885
Nivin said:
Yesterday i was checking the new features after the update.In the installation menu there was an option called "Force Software Update'.It had two subdivisions-Forced EPG Update and Forced Firmware Update.I did forced firmware update.But for my bad luck the software rolled back to previous version i.e V4.47-1.34.But the i guide version remained same.But i am getting all changes that was there on V4.69-1.47 except few things like Editing of individual tp,two new option -System Setup and Forced Software Update that was available on new software was also removed.

Great suggestion. I never for it but other member refused about the changes. still give you 3+ reps & like to his post

These are the changes made after this update.I got this from CC.

New List Of Geners: All channels, Most Viewed Channels (Will display the list of top 10 Most Viewed Channels. This list will be built dynamically based on user interaction.)
HD Services · Entertainment · Movies · Sports · News and Business · Kids and infotainment · Family and devotional · Music & Lifestyle · Regional

New Categories in Active Services : All active services will be listed in the following main categories of Active Services · Life services · Entertainment · Education and Gaming

New MOD category in the Main Menu All MOD channels will be listed in the below MOD categories · Dish Premiere · English · Hindi · Regional ·

Specials Regional Category to have
Sub Groups The Regional Category in the Channel listing will have following sub categories: · Punjabi · Hindi · Bangla · Marathi · Gujarati · Kannada · Telugu · Tamil · Malayalam · Oriya · Urdu · Others

Genre Change option in the Guide Screen A Switch Genre button has been provided on the EPG page /Guide using which user would be able to change genre from within the EPG page

Long Channel names fully visible in the EPG/Guide screen The long channel names which do not fit in the EPG/Guide screen will scroll when selected, hence will display the full channel name on selection.

First letter of the language to be capital on multi audio track channels The first letter of the language (on the multi audio track channels) will be displayed in capital letter. e.g. Eng , Hin, Tam, Tel, Pun etc Time in EPG in day, date, year format Time in the EPG will be displayed in day, date, year format

Short Key to access Installation menu Installation menu can be accessed by pressing Menu key for 8 seconds on any channel

New Tab for Hidden OTA and EPG Upgrade in Installation menu There is a provision in the Installation menu for downloading the Live Software and/or EPG in the Box. For existing Software Download Installation menu àForced Software Upgradeà Check if Signal Levels are OK à Select Forced upgrade firmware à Press OK. (Software present on the Live Chain is downloaded in the Box) For existing EPG Download Installation menu àForced Software Upgradeà Check if Signal Levels are OK à Select Forced upgrade EPG à Press OK. (EPG present on the Live Chain is downloaded in the Box)

New Tab for erasing Flash File System in installation menu There is a provision in the Installation menu for Erasing the Flash file System in the Box. Apart from this additional new method the earlier method of erasing the Flash File System in the Box remains intact

They also told me about some preview service in which we can watch an unsubscribed channel for a little time.The background for the 'Unsubscribed Channel' message will be transparent.After the end of preview the background will be solid.Its similar to what we are getting on MOD channels.Can anyone who got the new software confirm this ??

No preview, its preview in only mod channels, all other unsubscribed channels are as before, message only changed

dear nivin & Ikkeyan bros, yesterday i tried to updated my zenega1004 (current version: 4.47 - 1.34). But i failed to get update after several times tried. Whenever tried to update there is a message coming in blank screen like this:
If your frequency 1925
Polarity : V
Symbol rate : 40700
22K switch : on
Diseqswitch : 3
Start :
After i pressed the start it says looking for new software, and then again getting rebooted without any software update. why this bro. any idea.
Note: At present i am using only NSS6, nodd+ & asiasat.

nskaran said:
dear nivin & Ikkeyan bros, yesterday i tried to updated my zenega1004 (current version: 4.47 - 1.34). But i failed to get update after several times tried. Whenever tried to update there is a message coming in blank screen like this:
If your frequency 1925
Start :
After i pressed the start it says looking for new software, and then again getting rebooted without any software update. why this bro. any idea.

Check your PM.

nskaran said:
If your frequency 1925
Start :

I also got the same response....

me also successful now in updating my set top box to new version 4.69 - 1.47.
thanks to nivin bro for his kind help and guidance.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock