New 2222 HD PVR STB getting too hot to touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
manig said:
I exchanged my Zapper with 2222 and it was also running very hot to touch (even without USB attached).

Then next day it showed mismatched channels and other problems. Videocon replaced the box and now there is no heat problem. The replaced box is not as hot when touched like the earlier.

1.The booting time is 30 sec+
2.Some time after booting channel remain in home channel ...cannot change to other with remote....the stb restarted
3.The info i key should be pressed twice to work many times...

Any one experienced this with 2222 box? :angry

jerome5633 said:
2.Some time after booting channel remain in home channel ...cannot change to other with remote....the stb restarted

Yes it takes 30+ secs to boot and another 30+ secs post boot for the menus to be responsive.

You will get used to it after a few days. The box works well otherwise. :)

Too bad we can not organise recorded videos in separate folders. All recordings are shown in one place. Videocon should change this.

manig said:
Yes it takes 30+ secs to boot and another 30+ secs post boot for the menus to be responsive.

You will get used to it after a few days. The box works well otherwise. :)

Too bad we can not organise recorded videos in separate folders. All recordings are shown in one place. Videocon should change this.

Dear Manig bro,

Thanks for your reply,:)

I think you are using an external 1TB hdd with your 2222 box......I am also going to buy one 1TB hdd for my STB.....Is it worth? What about the recording experience with 2222box along with the external 1TB hdd?

jerome5633 said:
Dear Manig bro,

Thanks for your reply,:)

I think you are using an external 1TB hdd with your 2222 box......I am also going to buy one 1TB hdd for my STB.....Is it worth? What about the recording experience with 2222box along with the external 1TB hdd?

I wanted to use my old 320GB USB 2.0 drive with 2222 stb but it didn't work well. So I had to attach 1TB drive. I had bought 1TB drive for storing downloaded movies and backup. Now I will order another 500GB drive for 2222 stb.

500 GB is enough unless you want to record too many HD movies or programs. Just make sure its USB 3.0 drive.

Recording experience is great. You can put the STB in standby mode (red light) and it will still record scheduled recordings. The drive goes to sleep mode after a minutes but wakes up itself when required.

jerome5633 said:

ya remote is worse it feels very cheap buttons have to push two three times to work remote feels unresponsive while using and software lags to much when you start recording it takes too much time to pause or any other dvr functions the hardware is very cheap when compared to other dth ops :wall :wall:wall

manig said:
I wanted to use my old 320GB USB 2.0 drive with 2222 stb but it didn't work well. So I had to attach 1TB drive. I had bought 1TB drive for storing downloaded movies and backup. Now I will order another 500GB drive for 2222 stb.

500 GB is enough unless you want to record too many HD movies or programs. Just make sure its USB 3.0 drive.

Recording experience is great. You can put the STB in standby mode (red light) and it will still record scheduled recordings. The drive goes to sleep mode after a minutes but wakes up itself when required.

I agree with you:tup...But I think the stb 2222 doesn't have a usb 3.0 port...It's a usb 2.0....It doesn't look like the 3.0 port in my laptop....

jerome5633 said:
I agree with you:tup...But I think the stb 2222 doesn't have a usb 3.0 port...It's a usb 2.0....It doesn't look like the 3.0 port in my laptop....

All USB versions (1 to 3) have same connectors on one end (the one that goes into your PC or STB). Only the connector that goes into device is different. 2222 needs minimum USB 2.0 ver.

USB 3.0 works better as it has separate power and data connectors in same cable.

kishor121 said:
ya remote is worse it feels very cheap buttons have to push two three times to work remote feels unresponsive while using and software lags to much when you start recording it takes too much time to pause or any other dvr functions the hardware is very cheap when compared to other dth ops :wall :wall:wall

I love the remote of 2222. The RF feature is so cool. Response time lags initially but gets better. I have had no issues or lag with recording or pause play. Its great.

My remote of stu 2222 is not working properly,3times replaced with new one but same issue raised. When will we get new remote.

Hello there,

.Could u pls help me out regarding to sync the TV remote to STB remote.

I am having Videocond2h (Model 2222) & Smart Sumsung 3D HD TV.(Model U-6400)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock