New connection in UAE (DishTV TruHD+)

• Thread starter mNn
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 11,477

mNn

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just bought a new connection - DishTV HD+ from India and brought it to UAE with 1 year subscription active in my account but I am unable to find any HD channels in my account. Why is that? Any ideas?
My account though says that my plan is: World HD 399 P/M which should contain about 27HD channels i guess!

PS: I already have everything setup since i already use DishTV SD (LNB,cable,dish) so i just changed the STB and connected to TV.

All our normal SD channels are active in my account.

It does not let me record any channel either. It returns an error saying PVR is not activated or something.
I tried updating EPG, scanning channels but none of them helped so far. So I am planning to call up customer care and I know it's risky but I will tell them it's from India itself, i guess.
I have fair singal strength of about 57%.

Any help is much appreciated. (I've been trying to fix this all night until i found this forum)

Thanks!

For Dish TV HD channels you need a separate dish (90 CM dish).
Dish TV SD channels are from NSS-6 satellite at 95.5"E and HD channels are from AS-5 at 100.5"E.
Call a technician and he will solve your problem.

Note: One of our member "an3109 / anokhramesh" from UAE is getting both satellite in a single 100 CM dish, send a pm to him , may be he can help you.

dilbino said:
For Dish TV HD channels you need a separate dish (90 CM dish).
Dish TV SD channels are from NSS-6 satellite at 95.5"E and HD channels are from AS-5 at 100.5"E.
Call a technician and he will solve your problem.

Note: One of our member "an3109 / anokhramesh" from UAE is getting both satellite in a single 100 CM dish, send a pm to him , may be he can help you.

me_saket said:
better check signal of asiasat.

Thanks for your reply.

I do see both NSS and AS signals around 58% but NSS is set as default.
But I cannot make AS primary. Is there any way to make it primary?

Update: Keeping aside all of that my uncle called up technician and he is setting up Dish and LNB in new position for TruHD+ :)

Thanks for your help guys!

so now your uncle has two dishes ? One for NSS-6 and the other for AS-5.

I think you should have chosen Airtel HD
Lots of relatives of mine using it in Saudi Arabia

4 Beta

No need for any separate dish just get a mono block LNB which u can find in naif area for just 20 to 25 dhs and btw u r really getting very low signal has u said 57% is really very low in UAE here u can easily get around 70% to 80% in open areas. Or just change the Position of u r dish try to find a open area and set the dish there or just call a dish technician it will just cost of 50 dhs. And Mr. Kafeel azaam forget KSA even people in Abu Dhabi are finding it difficult to find Airtesl ses 7 with a big 120 cm dish to get good signal forgot qatar and ksa they are far away may b they need a big dish of 6 ft or bigger dish to get descend signal only eastern parts of UAE like ajman, sharjah and some part of dubai will get good signal with a 90cm dish.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock