New D2h 555 box connection

samtag1100

Reaction score
Hello all:

Yesterday I took D2H HD for second tv. My box is black 555 latest one. This box is very small and black. Till now everything is just perfect, no hang up issues, no heating or so. May be these new recorder boxes are better than earlier ones as I have heard a lot of negative about it.

Guys as I took after checking it on my cousin house. Few points to note are as follows:

HD feeds are excellent. It is as a HD feed must be and way better over tata sky HD feeds. More detailed, colors are punchy and overall feel of channels is way better. Every time I tune to HD channels, only one word come to my mind and that is "wow".

Pictures are more bright even on SD feeds. Excellent work by D2H and yes number of channels for me as as I has seen tatasky is so much that I prefer to remember the number rather than going there. There are so many and adding.

Another strong point is this remote. Yes I know it cannot be paired but other than that it is excellent. No need to point to tv, even I can operate tv from another room. It is very useful for me as now I do not have to shout over my kids to switch off tv as I can switch it from my room. Also u can hide ur setup box as well, no need it to be in front.

Now price has increased to other packages a bit but my main motive is HD, so I have taken gold HD, which is still the same and I am getting all the HD content except special and regional in super duper mode. So for only 389 this is excellent offering. In tata sky to get all these HD feeds we have to spent 640 repees. Even SD feeds are looking better than tata sky. I do not know if something to do with these latest boxes or what. I have both the connections and this is my unbiased review.

I will see it over next month or so and if everything goes well, then I will say tata to tatasky.

I feeling so satisfied with my decision.:luv

I will try to do that but not done till now..so not sure but will try..
Another important point I forget to mention is that this box is giving 1080P resolution whereas in Tatasky it is 1080i...so is it mean it is doing better upscaling?? but channel changing time is a bit more than tatasky

555 box is not the latest it was the upgrade for 2011 nd latest box is 2233 which is the upgrade for 2222.

Ankit Jain said:
555 box is not the latest it was the upgrade for 2011 nd latest box is 2233 which is the upgrade for 2222.

Dude both are the newest offerings :D :D :D

Yes both are the latest ones.

One more excellent thing I want to share here. I do not know that if this is only with this 555 box or what or it has been shared earlier or not.

On this RF remote, there is a button at very last row with * on it or shift key, I suddenly pressed it and came to know this brilliant thing. By pressing it, set up box giving options of sound settings (it is different from setting in menu). It has standard, dynamic, music, movie, surround, and surround clear options and all of them working with different kind of sound just on ur same tv without external speaker or HT.

Movie and both the surround sound options are brilliant to watch a movie on ur LCD (using Samsung series 5 lcd). It is very excellent sound effect without opening ur HT.

Yesterday watched avtar on star movies and kung fu panda on movies now with excellent sound effects...I have enjoyed those movies this much first time because of sound effect just from my tv without my HT.

Guys if they can give this kind of experience on a long term basis, then I will not mind paying them as much as tatasky.:clap

I Have Ordered This Box! Will Get Soon!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock