New MSO in Chennai to challenge the Monopoly.

Good suggestion, i shall check if any one near has a STB. But last month everyone were scared to buy STB from SCV, dont know if they got now. I would be happy even if the LCO gives the english movies channels in a good quality, currently the CID program in Zee tamil and other Raj tv programs are ok and i have struck with them with no other choice. Sun news airs the same news 24/7 with 3 different people, atleast they can read some new stories or events but they sing the same song round the clock but with a "LIVE" logo on them.

i have a doubt in this.
What wire is used for SCV STB. is it same wire for analog and digital.
I heard some fibre, new wire line received for STB lines.

No.. Same wire for both analog and digital mode.. if they are going with fiber, it will be good. we can get good quality...

All same cable and same devices, only transmission is digital that is why SCV gives lesser than 140 channels with some scrambled & no signal channels in their basic package instead of 400 + channels :) 400+ channels (i.e.60% of I & B permitted 727 channels.)) as per TRAI's rule.

SCV will never give that good quality otherwise we will see other channels and the popularity of sun network will be affected, this is what happens when we have a Monopoly in any business.

sathishbabu4u said:
if both are in same wire..
hw the channels are encryted?

In the same way DTH are doing.. We are using the same cable for DTH as well. It can carry both analog and digital (encrypted) signals.

then the whole idea behind the CAS and DAS is waste.
Still the last frequency channels will not be clear (if booster not provided, mostly LCO's won't).
only advantage is no need hyber or S band in the TV sets. But nowadays (from 10 years back), all tv sets are with Hyber band.
So the DAS looks absoutly waste. Why we have to pay over 1000rs for STB for same quality?
It is just china company and MSO gains profit of it.
Better go back 15 years, and make no cable operator should have more than 1000 connections. Then MSOs will be vanished, and each area more than one LCO will come and with that competition better quality and quantity will be provided to the customer

Yes, like DTH is we have a huge competition the prices will be affordable, we shall have excellent packages and the quality will also be the best.

TRAI gave licence to over 9 MSO in chennai alone, we need atleast 4 of them in the competition so there would be a great change.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock