New MSO in Chennai to challenge the Monopoly.

I watched the video from Sathyam TV website. They are telling that cable tv operators are going to start DTH (??). Please see the video at,

"http://sathiyam.tv/tamil/%e0%ae%9a%e0%ae%bf%e0%ae%b1%e0%ae%aa%e0%af%8d%e0%ae%aa%e0%af%81-%e0%ae%b5%e0%af%80%e0%ae%9f%e0%ae%bf%e0%ae%af%e0%af%8b%e0%ae%95%e0%af%8d%e0%ae%95%e0%ae%b3%e0%af%8d/%e0%ae%a4%e0%ae%ae%e0%ae%bf%e0%ae%b4%e0%ae%95-%e0%ae%95%e0%af%87%e0%ae%aa%e0%ae%bf%e0%ae%b3%e0%af%8d-%e0%ae%9f%e0%ae%bf-%e0%ae%b5%e0%ae%bf-%e0%ae%86%e0%ae%aa%e0%ae%b0%e0%af%87%e0%ae%9f%e0%af%8d"

தமிழக கேபிள் டி.வி.ஆபரேட்டர்கள் இணைந்து தனியாக டிடிஎச்

mjahabarsadiq said:
I watched the video from Sathyam TV website. They are telling that cable tv operators are going to start DTH (??). Please see the video at,

"http://sathiyam.tv/tamil/%e0%ae%9a%e0%ae%bf%e0%ae%b1%e0%ae%aa%e0%af%8d%e0%ae%aa%e0%af%81-%e0%ae%b5%e0%af%80%e0%ae%9f%e0%ae%bf%e0%ae%af%e0%af%8b%e0%ae%95%e0%af%8d%e0%ae%95%e0%ae%b3%e0%af%8d/%e0%ae%a4%e0%ae%ae%e0%ae%bf%e0%ae%b4%e0%ae%95-%e0%ae%95%e0%af%87%e0%ae%aa%e0%ae%bf%e0%ae%b3%e0%af%8d-%e0%ae%9f%e0%ae%bf-%e0%ae%b5%e0%ae%bf-%e0%ae%86%e0%ae%aa%e0%ae%b0%e0%af%87%e0%ae%9f%e0%af%8d"

தமிழக கேபிள் டி.வி.ஆபரேட்டர்கள் இணைந்து தனியாக டிடிஎச்

No way, DTH is costly and they can easily loose clients to competitors, they can only go cable. I think sathiyam tv has put the info wrong. DTH is a costly business and they cant get more users unless these people offer free dish and other offers, and still they will loose the lion share to SCV if they go DTH cause cable TV will live powerful atleast for a few years in India.

City to get another cable service provider on January 18.

Author: Express News Service

Published Date: Jan 10, 2013 10:27 AM
Last Updated: Jan 10, 2013 10:27 AM
Thamizhaga Cable TV Communication Private Limited (TCCL), a new Multi System Operator (MSO) owned by the cable TV operators, will commence its service in the city from January 18, said Sakilan, president of the association, here on Wednesday.

Announcing this to presspersons on the sidelines of the Thamizhga Cable TV Operators Pothu Nala Sangam (TCOA) meeting organised at to discuss various issues faced by its members, he said, that after the entry of MSOs, there was a dip in the business of cable TV operators. Most of the profits were taken away by the MSOs. So we decided to start a forum and formed the TCCL.

On the set top boxes, he said that 2000 to 3000 units have been sold in a week in Chennai alone. Around 500 cable TV operators from the city had already enrolled themselves in the new organisation.

“TCCL will begin operations in Chennai city on January 18 and there are plans to distribute 3.5 lakhs set top boxes to customers at a cost of `1,350. Members of the organisation collect a subscription of `100 per month from customers,” he informed. Initially our package would feature 500 digital channels, 200 pay channels and 24 High Definition channels. Internet, IPTV, video on demand, online shopping and gaming services would be added in future, he added.

==

Ref: City to get another cable service provider on January 18 -The New Indian Express

one more confusion added to the consumers.. previously scv or arasu.. now scv or TCCL.

Hope SCV will close down their service if TCCL start service, as most of the LCO in chennai joining in TCCL. wat scv will do with few operators.

RE: Fate of SCV after this new MSO??

pearlpearl said:
sathishbabu4u said:
upto today morning , Kalignar Seithigal, isaiaruvi Raj TV, Chutti tv is there in the same place. Have to check my tv after reach home.
NDTV is part of SCV analogue before DAS ad. And DAS ad is missing from 8th Jan Midnight.

NDTV was not there in SCV analogue as it was replaced by Times Now since long and all the above channels are in new order. I see some new light. :k :k

NDTV is there in SCV analogue before DAS ad, it is there at end (after puthiya thalaimurai, hence most of the people not getting this channel. My LCO kept one booster in my flat upstairs , hence i will get all channels (last channel also) more clear.

Kalaignar Network channels are rearranged by SCV yes'day (don't know the reason), but the counting days started for SCV.

Is it really SCV STB (Both CAS and DAS), is totally waste? Why chennai people alone has to pay for new STB each time

Oh, ok. then my signal should be weak hence i dont see any last channels, i never saw NDTV 24*7 and puthiya thalaimurai once moved.

LCO saying that most of the revenue is going to MSO, hence they want to take the business in their own hand, so i think the system will change after pongal.

"Tamil Nadu Cable Communications placed orders for set-up boxes to Chinese companies."
So how they are going to start their service. Is it in Analog mode or Digital.
If Digital , they need to distribute nearly 20 to 30 Lakh STBs before 18th Jan. Is it possible. Or they will start service in Analog and slowly force people to buy STB (like SCV).

sathishbabu4u said:
"Tamil Nadu Cable Communications placed orders for set-up boxes to Chinese companies."
So how they are going to start their service. Is it in Analog mode or Digital.
If Digital , they need to distribute nearly 20 to 30 Lakh STBs before 18th Jan. Is it possible. Or they will start service in Analog and slowly force people to buy STB (like SCV).

after start only i will believe beco arasu came but failed. so wait and see no need to talk anything abt TCCL. :skd::)dodgy

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock