New Software Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
As discussed with airtel DTH nodal officer no software update available for huawei set top box whose upgradation not done since 2016.
When asked to replace this box with HEVC box whose software upgraded recently demands Rs 350 for replacement and moreover provide old refurbished set top box

As discussed with airtel DTH nodal officer no software update available for huawei set top box whose upgradation not done since 2016.
When asked to replace this box with HEVC box whose software upgraded recently demands Rs 350 for replacement and moreover provide old refurbished set top box
If huawei boxes running well then no need to replace with those HEVC box...
Imo, huawei sports lot better hardware than this boxes ...

I already had one pendrive connected for recording, after this update I connected one more with movie files but STB was unable to detect same, so had to remove the recording pendrive then it detected the media pendrive

Also in signal test, CNR value is no more present

After update : HD Channels have indeed improved, no noise at all and video looks crystal clear. But SD Channels' colour tone looks a but pale though overall image is a bit softer than earlier.

However did anyone notice this ? After update, switching to any HD channel (from another SD or HD channel) leads to the video deciding with a bit delay and the HD channel appearing after 2 to 3 seconds. At least in my Technicolor HEVC STB this is happening.

If huawei boxes running well then no need to replace with those HEVC box...
Imo, huawei sports lot better hardware than this boxes ...
Airtel is totally forgotten old customer having set top box and whose software is also need to update.
I think no care for old customers but need to wake up as JIO is coming.

Post your set top image of Huawei model

I was still on 605 version and tried to update manually by the process mentioned earlier,it took approximately 15 minutes to complete the process but surprisingly after it restarted it was still on same version 605..I don't understand this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock