No Audio Output in 5.1 Setting On " Movies Now " & " Colors HD "

If possible do clarify from CC or Tech person about whether 5.1 audio is available from HDMI or not.
AFAIK when TataSky started 5.1, that time 5.1 audio was not available through HDMI and 5.1 was available through optical/co-axial out only, but after new software upgrade , they are giving 5.1 audio through HDMI also.

mystic said:
If possible do clarify from CC or Tech person about whether 5.1 audio is available from HDMI or not.
AFAIK when TataSky started 5.1, that time 5.1 audio was not available through HDMI and 5.1 was available through optical/co-axial out only, but after new software upgrade , they are giving 5.1 audio through HDMI also.

I did send them an E Mail yesterday & they replied to me to switch to Stereo to get the sound.Why should i disable 5.1 if DishTV transmits that for certain channels to get an audio.Their CC did not seem quite knowledgeable about why there is no sound on the 5.1 mode. :(

If you have Dolby Digital compatible Home theater system... then connect S/PDIF (OPTICAL) OUT of Dish True HD STB to S/PDIF(OPTICAL) IN of the Home theater system through optical S/PDIF cable.
You will get 5.1 Audio through Home Theater system. Try & tell.

Yes i have a Logitech 5.1 Dolby Digital System but actually that is far away from the TV & i use it for my PC only.The Subwoofer weighs approx 50 Kgs & i can't move it from my current place to the TV because then my PC won't be able to emit a sound without the speakers.Is there any chance i can get a 20-30 feet long Optical cable from somewhere so that i can connect both my TV & PC to the speaker system without moving the subwoofer ?

@sushruta 20 feet Toslink Digital Optical SPDIF Audio Cable is available in the online store.....

mystic said:
@sushruta 20 feet Toslink Digital Optical SPDIF Audio Cable is available in the online store.....

Yes just found out that i can get a 25 Feet Toslink cable on eBay India.Thanks. :)

Now the problem resolved.of sushruta..It can be closed now my dear Moderators Close it now...:)

No it has not resolved yet my friend.Please let me get the Optical cable & test if the 5.1 mode works from the STB Optical out.Until then Please don't close the thread.

I wished DishTV could deliver 5.1 over HDMI though like TataSky is doing.

This is the latest reply from DishTV CC.

DishTV said:
Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Thank you for writing to dishtv.

We would like to inform you that currently 5.1 surround sound is not available on MOVIES NOW HD.

Regret the inconvenience caused and apologizes for the problem faced by you.

Incase of any concerns please write to us or call us, we would be glad to be of assistance.

We value your association and assure you of our commitment to serve you with a smile.

Regards,
Anurag Shukla
Customer service
DISHTV

Looks like they still don't support 5.1 Audio.I wonder why Movies Now is displaying the 5.1 logo then.Biswajit made a thread Link Removed about HD channels available on DishTV & he mentioned there that Movies Now has 5.1 Audio.But DishTV CC says they don't. :huh

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock