No Audio Output in 5.1 Setting On " Movies Now " & " Colors HD "

sushruta

Reaction score
When i turned on my STB & TV today , there was an EPG update asking me to rescan the channels before i could view the channels.

After the scan ended , I could find a New 5.1 logo on the Movies Now & Colors HD channels when you press the OK button of your STB remote.

But there is NO sound from these 2 channels.I tried to change the STB setting from 5.1 to disable 5.1 & the sound comes when you disable the 5.1 from your STB's menu.But i don't see a point why I will have to disable the 5.1 to get the audio out. :( The EPG update this morning must have caused this.The channels without 5.1 Audio do not have this problem.

Please let me know if you have the same problem with the above 2 mentioned channels.

Waiting for your early reply.

5.1 surround sound option in info bar was available till yesterday but today that option is gone frm both channels,

The 5.1 was there even today morning but it's gone now as i can see.That means DishTV realises that they can't deliver audio in 5.1 mode & they reverted back to Stereo. :(

sushruta said:
The 5.1 was there even today morning but it's gone now as i can see.That means DishTV realises that they can't deliver audio in 5.1 mode & they reverted back to Stereo. :(

dont worry you can make it with the help of 2 channel - 5.1 converting circuit board. it is available from electronics spare parts shop. i do remember i assembled it for my friend 3 yr before and it was purchased from kerala
gireesh

hingorjo said:
5.1 surround sound option in info bar was available till yesterday but today that option is gone frm both channels,

But you did NOT mention if you were getting any sound in the 5.1 Mode or not which i am really interested to know.

Same problem for me again now.No sound on the Times Now Channel in 5.1 Mode. :(

I would request people who are using Dish truHD+ to Please share if they are having the same problem or not.

Sorry for the double post.I tried to delete the last one & got a message that i wasn't having permission to delete it. ;)

[/quote]

But you did NOT mention if you were getting any sound in the 5.1 Mode or not which i am really interested to know.

[/quote]

nope brother there was no sound when press language button to 5.1 , which i have asked here and ddth friends tell me that i can,t get 5.1 surround sound on normal crt tv b/c iam using crt tv , r u using crt tv or lcd , led tv .
just disable 5.1 option frm menu and enjoy stereo sound, and if u want 5.1 sound then change tv with lcd led tv.

hingorjo said:
nope brother there was no sound when press language button to 5.1 , which i have asked here and ddth friends tell me that i can,t get 5.1 surround sound on normal crt tv b/c iam using crt tv , r u using crt tv or lcd , led tv .
just disable 5.1 option frm menu and enjoy stereo sound, and if u want 5.1 sound then change tv with lcd led tv.

Yes i am using a 32" Samsung LED TV.See my Sig.I just bought this LED TV less than 10 days ago.And this TV supports 5.1 Dolby Digital.So, if the sound does not come in 5.1 Mode , this has to do with the STB , not the TV at least in my case.

I am waiting for a clarification about this before i contact DishTV again about this matter.

I dont hope they are giving 5.1 surround on dish tru hd... Kindly enquire and please do let me know the feedback you get from them. Are they making false claims of 5.1 surround?? :huh

biswajit.HD said:
I dont hope they are giving 5.1 surround on dish tru hd... Kindly enquire and please do let me know the feedback you get from them. Are they making false claims of 5.1 surround?? :huh

Biswajit, as you are too using TruHD+, you should know this too.Go to your Times Now Channel NOW & press the OK button of your STB remote.You will see if the sound is Stereo or 5.1.Now If the sound is Stereo , press the LANG button of your STB remote & press OK.You should see a 5.1 Eng logo on the channel.My question to you is , can you get sound in this 5.1 mode or not ?

Please reply.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock