Seeking Help No Signal Issue in certain channels in Tata Play

@Anish Pai Thank you so much for your help. The only reason I am hesitant to call the technician is because I personally will be charged for the entire building's problem. But I guess I have no other option left.

@Anish Pai Thank you so much for your help. The only reason I am hesitant to call the technician is because I personally will be charged for the entire building's problem. But I guess I have no other option left.
Yea LNB replacement has to be done free of cost as it’s a hardware change which needs to be done from their end due to change in their settings/infrastructure

I'm glad I'm not the only one facing this problem.

Since yesterday morning, 4 channels that I've paid for (610, 627, 762, 765) as well as pressing the yellow button on the remote shows a 'Box not receiving signal' message for both my HD set top boxes.

I called the Tata Play helpline and rebooted the set top boxes, did a master reset (and even did a software update from my end), but the problem persisted. I was then told I would need to call a technician for which they would charge Rs. 200.

I politely explained the helpline person that this problem is not from my end and it is clearly a signal issue (either with the common dish on the terrace or from the Tata Play back-end) and so I should not be charged. He said that he was only following protocol and I have to pay the money for the visit. I simply disconnected the phone and removed the 4 non-working channels from my pack.

I then directly called the technician in our area and he said that the helpline people are useless in such matters. He suspects there is a problem from Tata Play end (probably some updation work going on) and he told me to wait for 3-4 days. Hopefully things resolve by then.
I too am facing the same problem since yesterday, some channels say no signal. Technician visited and said reciever needs to be changed and you will be charged. I have told him, I will not pay as if reciever is faulty no channel should be seen. He has gone back saying let's wait till Monday.
Is this a solar flare or some such issue?

Same issue in one of my relatives homes. Few free channels like Bhakti tv, TTD channel aren't coming inspite of channels being added in my account. Customer care was so horrible that he said it's a Setup box issue and asked my relatives to replace setup box itself.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock