Now you can cancel your Tatasky Subscription!

• Thread starter dcs
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 34
  • Views: Views 18,007
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my hd stb I'm getting demo of channel no. 653. But I didn't subscribe it. So it will only active for demo use only but didn't find this channel as totally black out. May be in your case reason is different I guess.
Thanks for the update.
I said already that the problem is only with Tatasky+ HD Recorder box.
The thread should be moved to Tatasky+ HD section..

Thanks for the 'Insider' view - Bapun Raz.
You are welcome but we ask members not to make thank you post rather click on the like button. It is not a request to like mine but i am describing our forum functions. The thank you post stays on your thread but the like gets linked to user total reactions count forever.
Is it not unfair, if not outright fraud?
It can certainly be unfair but not illegal or fraud since they have clearly stated its par with government guidelines. Almost all DTHs provide STBs on rental basis even if none take it back after decades.
The issue is not the box, but the 'blackout' of the subscribed channel. (ch.653)
If that is the case, they have rights to reject the return of box request if they consider to correct the channel blackout. If they are refunding for the box then they must be thinking problem is with the box.
Please check with your Tatasky+ HD box for ch.653 and report your experience. Like to hear from someone in Chennai.
I've checked already with Coimbatore subscribers. Here no one is receiving even the demo of ch.653.
I will check and confirm you. And, it doesn't matter where you are situated if you are using a DTH service. Channel won't be available according to locations. They are satellites based so same activity will happen just anywhere all over India.

It can certainly be unfair but not illegal or fraud since they have clearly stated its par with government guidelines. Almost all DTHs provide STBs on rental basis even if none take it back after decades.
I am linking the unfairness with the misinformation provided by Tatasky based on which the upgrade decision was made by me for Rs 7890. Tatasky CC / Service Emp / Mktg emp / Sales team, all assured that I can record Ch.653. But finally after purchase of the box, I am not even able to view the Ch.653.
If that is the case, they have rights to reject the return of box request if they consider to correct the channel blackout.
But how long one had to wait for them to rectify their own problem? From July23rd onward I am waiting. there is no response. I was asked to pay for the Technician visit! Is that fair?

I am linking the unfairness with the misinformation provided by Tatasky based on which the upgrade decision was made by me for Rs 7890. Tatasky CC / Service Emp / Mktg emp / Sales team, all assured that I can record Ch.653. But finally after purchase of the box, I am not even able to view the Ch.653.
What's so special with Ch.653 i don't understand. Have you purchased to view only this channel or watch various thing which everyone watches.
But how long one had to wait for them to rectify their own problem? From July23rd onward I am waiting. there is no response. I was asked to pay for the Technician visit! Is that fair?
I can understand that. I had got HD box remote which comes with recording button since Grey color HD PVR remote wasn't available. Complained Tata Sky but they never understood and always assigned local distributor who used to call and say they don't get stock of PVR remote and this one works same. I said same remote one can get for 250 and his reply was contact Tata Sky as they deducted the balance. I was just being redirected to both places twice and i gave up. Some problems can never be solved unless you wish to compromise. I find the things i look for with Tata Sky. If you don't and the negatives are more than positives surely you should ditch them.

They give one month Free Technician Visit after upgrade, if it's expired then you have to pay. If you haven't tried technician visit they do that, your box should be under warranty and if they found it defective then you will get new box for free.

What's so special with Ch.653 i don't understand. Have you purchased to view only this channel or watch various thing which everyone watches.
Yes! Just to watch Ch 653, Ch 660, Australia Plus, Channel News Asia and the like. Just purely for the educational content and not for entertainment.
My Tatasky+ HD box was installed just 25 days before. Is that not under warranty?
I had reported the problem to them immediately. But they kept me in dark and I had to waste my time and energy unnecessarily with.....
I am afraid there is no question of compromise with the insensitive (arrogant?) people. Ditching them. ....:knife2:

Last edited:
Hi @dcs,

I am able to view Ch.653 and i am using Tata Sky+ Transfer HD with Super LNB.

A snap confirming the same:
IqgyaNe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock