Breaking NTO 2.0 partially upheld by Bombay HC

• Thread starter Thread starter Vadirocks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 709
  • Views Views: Views 94,491
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason is broadcasters r not confident about their content and still wanting bulk deal system to b back so that revenues r not impacted
This. Broadcasters are probably after easy money. Creating good quality content takes time, efforts and investment in talented creative folks. Broadcasters seem to be unwilling to invest in either of them. Old system might continue to give them an opportunity to shove the same low quality content down consumer's throats. NTO apparently forces them to take a difficult path to success. And who likes that, right?

Last edited:
You need look closer and deeper as to what system was followed earlier and FYI operators, broadcasters earned much more that time but unwanted stuff was pushed to consumer. You r just seeing bulk discount u got but where was choice to choose chs of ur choice, Standalone price of chs used to b absurdly high....not only this but there was no equal deals for smaller and big operators. There was absolutely no level playing field.

Instead of blaming TRAI who did fabulous job of fighting for consumers, u r instead blaming them. Broadcasters r to blame for not pricing chs properly right now, if a channel can b given at very low avg monthly price in earlier bulk deal system then why can't same b done now when if customer likes they will take the channel and drop it anytime they want. Reason is broadcasters r not confident about their content and still wanting bulk deal system to b back so that revenues r not impacted
You said broadcasters were pushing unwanted stuff? Now I have to pay to more for unwanted channels. TRAI itself is pushing unwanted channel. Those ones from DD which eats up 25 channels slot. Why would I be forced to take DD Tamil and DD Malayalam? If I don't understand those languages. Why am I forced to take that? Their channels came out and say viewers only watches few channels. Does he even understand concept of cable tv? It's about providing multiple choice. If anyone wanted few channels. They would've stuck to terrestrial system.

Let me come to broadcaster. Why am I forced to take UTV HD with Disney International HD to get the discount? That's a channel I don't want. Combined comes with ₹8. À-la-carte cost ₹12. Who enabled this heavily flawed system?
TN always had cheap cables. For others, You may be talking about analog cable era where LCO used to underreport subscribers and sell pack to users at cheap rates. Otherwise all channels in 200 is just not possible without cheating with broadcasters and cheating taxes to govt.
Regarding all HD channels under 300, did cables had all HD channels too before NTO?🤣
Bro, even on Airtel. You got most HD channels from major broadcaster for ₹300 on DTH too. If there was so much underreporting and under the table deals. Why didn't TRAI expose does?

Those ones from DD which eats up 25 channels slot. Why would I be forced to take DD Tamil and DD Malayalam? If I don't understand those languages. Why am I forced to take that?
Bro with NTO 2.0 the mandatory DD channels do not count against NCF

Bro with NTO 2.0 the mandatory DD channels do not count against NCF
Good then. Earlier I had to pay ₹20 for 25 channels over 100 channels. Does HD count as 1 channel too? Earlier it use to count as 2 channels despite getting 1 channel.

You may be talking about analog cable era where LCO used to underreport subscribers and sell pack to users at cheap rates. Otherwise all channels in 200 is just not possible without cheating with broadcasters and cheating taxes to govt.
Bruh! I am not talking about Analog cable. 😂

Regarding all HD channels under 300, did cables had all HD channels too before NTO?🤣
Yes dude, we used to get all HD channels as well at ₹250. We even had many channels that were not available on any DTH, like FYI TV 18 HD, etc.

Maybe it's hard for you to believe, but this used to be the case in every small city and village. There wasn't any package system. You just needed to pay a fixed price set by the operator and you would get all the channels that were available.

Bruh! I am not talking about Analog cable. 😂

Yes dude, we used to get all HD channels as well at ₹250. We even had many channels that were not available on any DTH, like FYI TV 18 HD, etc.

Maybe it's hard for you to believe, but this used to be the case in every small city and village. There wasn't any package system. You just needed to pay a fixed price set by the operator and you would get all the channels that were available.
ACC also had Arirang. Remember? I couldn't even dream any DTH operator carrying channels like these. Even reputed pan India cable company charged like GTPL charged like ₹200 to ₹250.

Good then. Earlier I had to pay ₹20 for 25 channels over 100 channels. Does HD count as 1 channel too? Earlier it use to count as 2 channels despite getting 1 channel.
It was like that since a year now as operators complied with the new changes. And no, 1 HD is still counted as 2 channels for NCF.

Those ones from DD which eats up 25 channels slot. Why would I be forced to take DD Tamil and DD Malayalam? If I don't understand those languages. Why am I forced to take that?
First- they dont eatup slot anymore.
Second- blame govt for mandatory carriage
Who enabled this heavily flawed system?
Courts. Every rule needs checks and balances. Courts are removing checks and giving free run to broadcasters.
Why didn't TRAI expose does?
Trai is not police. Trai is regulator & knew this so changed system. thats why evryone is crying
Just imagine why same LCO are not satisfied with 130 rs cap now. they wanted more services charges. Because their shady deeds have become more transparent. Cant cheat broadcasters and govt. Earlier people were also okay with this filth just becoz public also was part of this cheat unknowingly/ even unwillingly

Even on Dishtv i used to get most of the HD channels for 300 something Good old days and on local cable all Sd for 200 and all HD for 250-275.
Can you tell year? Till 2019, DishTV took 300 for most of popular channels. It was super family pack if i remember. HD packs were not less than 400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom