Breaking NTO 2.0 partially upheld by Bombay HC

• Thread starter Thread starter Vadirocks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 709
  • Views Views: Views 94,491
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to have cable tv connection and paid Rs 100 only for all channels and that too on 4 TV's .....Till 2015...Can you imagine this in current scenario....? Those were the days of Joy...

Can you tell year? Till 2019, DishTV took 300 for most of popular channels. It was super family pack if i remember. HD packs were not less than 400.
From the year 2017-2019
Pack name - Popular HD club
Cost - 290
And Max HD club pack
Cost - 350
Max HD club pack used to offer literally every HD channel but for me Popular HD club pack was enough for just 290.

Last edited:
TN always had cheap cables. For others, You may be talking about analog cable era where LCO used to underreport subscribers and sell pack to users at cheap rates. Otherwise all channels in 200 is just not possible without cheating with broadcasters and cheating taxes to govt.
Regarding all HD channels under 300, did cables had all HD channels too before NTO?🤣
Before NTO i used to get all SD channels in ₹200 from fastway cable and NXT digital was even more cheaper it was providing all SD channels for ₹150.

I used to have cable tv connection and paid Rs 100 only for all channels and that too on 4 TV's .....Till 2015...Can you imagine this in current scenario....? Those were the days of Joy...
Lol. During that time, many people were watching all channels in their tV without taking a connection from LCO.. 😭😭
Jo nhi smjha wo kewal POGO dekhta hoga.

From the year 2017-2019
Pack name - Popular HD club
Cost - 290
And Max HD club pack
Cost - 350
I never got this. I was watching SD in this price on same dth. 🤐
Edit: it was annual pack of 5k+ Only for south. How u got for 300pm?
rS2quWi.png

Last edited:
Before NTO i used to get all SD channels in ₹200 from fastway cable and NXT digital was even more cheaper it was providing all SD channels for ₹150.
Simple question. How much discount they are offering now on 130 NCF?

Lol. During that time, many people were watching all channels in their tV without taking a connection from LCO.. 😭😭
Jo nhi smjha wo kewal POGO dekhta hoga.

I never got this. I was watching SD in this price on same dth. 🤐
Bro I did not explain everything to you....Actually form 1999 till 2008 ...I got all for free....Bus pogo nahi dekta tha....

Not just purchasing power. Our mindset also stops us from paying. We don't want to pay much for entertainment. Look Hotstar VIP as example. It cost less than a price of a charger. Yet, it's a tough sell. Hence, the niche channels and smaller broadcasters are dying out. NTO was a stupid idea. NTO 2.0 is supposed to be pocket friendly to customers which doesn't look same after the verdict.
They are selling it for less to build customer base. Magzter was available for ₹999 a year for unlimited access to magazines and newspapers for two years. Now it is ₹3999 per year. Indians will be willing to pay atleas those who can afford but these broadcasters also have multiple channels for each genre and shuffle the same content on these channels and will charge ₹22 each. IPL will be telecasted live on 3 sports channels simultaneously and Star Gold on weekends. Post season highlights will be telecasted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom