Breaking NTO 2.0 partially upheld by Bombay HC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around 6 Pay Channels Which Is In Top 10 Of BARC Rating

Planning To Keep Them Away From Bouquets

Unable To Understand, Whats Exactly There In Their Mind!
Experiment is being done. They will keep tier 1 channels out of bouquet and let viewer's choice, demand, supply forces operate. They will use bouquets to push through tier 2 and fringe channels to keep those channels in market.

Last edited:
Around 6 Pay Channels Which Is In Top 10 Of BARC Rating

Planning To Keep Them Away From Bouquets

Unable To Understand, Whats Exactly There In Their Mind!
Bro Do you remember what happened 2 them when they removed channels like Star utsav, sony pal, zee anmol and others from dd free dish just because of there greed ... They lost position in BARC rating Dangal was No. 1 for that reason.....They are again making same mistake by keeping 6 pay channels out of bouquet...Once they do that....They will realise it soon and will add back 2 bouquet.....They are just testing consumers.....

Bro Do you remember what happened 2 them when they removed channels like Star utsav, sony pal, zee anmol and others from dd free dish just because of there greed ... They lost position in BARC rating Dangal was No. 1 for that reason.....They are again making same mistake by keeping 6 pay channels out of bouquet...Once they do that....They will realise it soon and will add back 2 bouquet.....They are just testing consumers.....
While you may be right. Both are different scenario. Earlier when they pulled out from freedish, nobody had to do anything, ratings fell automatically as an entire distribution was wiped out. Pay users were never watching those channels.
But now tier 1 channels are being watched by most. Only if viewers united like IBF and Boycott out of bucket channels, then only they will be forced to backtrack.

I have a bad feeling about NTO 2.0
Prices will increase as broadcasters can keep major channels outside of bouquets
153 ncf will not reduce unless better compression technology like hevc is implemented (like in sundirect) which will force everyone to upgrade stbs
i'm just happy to get all sports, eng movies and most of the knowledge and english gec for ~ 275 in my 2nd multi tv
live sports and news are the only reason i still have dth stb
I am already paying enough and dont want this to increase

Zee English Pack (29.50)
&Prive HD 22.42
&flix HD 22.42
Zee Cafe HD 22.42
Zee Zest HD 11.80
WION 1.18

Times Bouquet (23.60)
Movies Now HD 14.16
MN+ HD 11.80
MNX HD 10.62
Romedy Now HD 10.62
Times Now World (HD) 5.90
MIRROR NOW 0.59
ET NOW 3.54
Zoom 0.59

Sony HD Pack (50.38)
Sony Ten 1 HD 22.42
Sony Ten 2 HD 20.06
SONY SIX HD 22.42
SONY PIX HD 17.70
SONY BBC EARTH HD 11.80
Sony Yay 2.36

Star pack (100.3)
STAR Sports 1 HD 22.42
STAR Sports 2 HD 22.42
STAR Sports 3 4.72
Star Sports Select 1 HD 22.42
Star Sports Select 2 HD 11.80
Star Sports First 1.18
Star Movies HD 22.42
Star Movies Select HD 11.80
STAR WORLD HD 10.62
STAR World Premiere HD 10.62
NAT GEO HD 11.80
Nat Geo Wild HD 5.90
FOX Life HD 1.18
Baby TV HD 1.18

Discovery and Sports HD (11.8)
Eurosport HD 7.08
Discovery HD World 7.08
Animal Planet HD World 3.54
TLC HD World 3.54
Discovery Turbo 1.18
Discovery Science 1.18
Discovery Tamil 4.72
Discovery Kids 3.54

If broadcasters keep important channels out of bouquets then people will only purchase 2-3 channels of that broadcaster and will not purchase bouquets or vice versa. This will impact the ratings of the broadcaster and ad revenue will also decrease.

IN SHORT
can any please tell me if NTO 2.0 is a good/ bad thing or ignorable in consumer's point of view?
1 for curated packs provided by sun/adtv/tata sky ?
2 for broadcasters bouquet ?
3 ala carte ?
4 ncf wrt dpo's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock