Good News Ordered Airtel Xstream DTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: Had to cancel the order as the installation engineer was continuously delaying the installation.

Request to Mods: Please close this thread.
This is why I cancelled my Airtel broadband connection. Worst part was wasting working days with false assurances. They lost not one. But five future Airtel Black customers. Good for them.

Last edited:
On ground Service Support provided by any DTH company depends on training & efficiency of the Area Service/Dealership/ Partner Outlet Team. So for any DTH company service provided may be excellent or average or bad across different areas/regions.

Even i faced issue / delay while upgrading from Airtel Digital TV HD to XStream STB and a work order for New XStream box was created instead of Upgrade Request. I tweeted airtel prsence social media team same day issue was resolved and box upgrade was done. I would suggest that those facing issues should mail or tweet to airtel as their social media team is extremely good in resolving issues.
I have faced many such problems with Tata Sky too when i was their active customer for about 11 years and again their social media team was excellent in helping the customer

Such issues r faced by customers of various DTH Platforms be it airtel digital tv, tata play, dish tv, d2h or sun direct.

I think Area Service Head must b receiving daily reports about how each on ground service team is handling complaints and this must b getting communicated to Area Service Head and Country Service/Sales Head. Every operator should immediately take corrective measures based on this, if they don't then surely they will lose current as well as potential customers.

On ground Service Support provided by any DTH company depends on training & efficiency of the Area Service/Dealership/ Partner Outlet Team. So for any DTH company service provided may be excellent or average or bad across different areas/regions.

Even i faced issue / delay while upgrading from Airtel Digital TV HD to XStream STB and a work order for New XStream box was created instead of Upgrade Request. I tweeted airtel prsence social media team same day issue was resolved and box upgrade was done. I would suggest that those facing issues should mail or tweet to airtel as their social media team is extremely good in resolving issues.
I have faced many such problems with Tata Sky too when i was their active customer for about 11 years and again their social media team was excellent in helping the customer

Such issues r faced by customers of various DTH Platforms be it airtel digital tv, tata play, dish tv, d2h or sun direct.

I think Area Service Head must b receiving daily reports about how each on ground service team is handling complaints and this must b getting communicated to Area Service Head and Country Service/Sales Head. Every operator should immediately take corrective measures based on this, if they don't then surely they will lose current as well as potential customers.
I am ok with occasional delays in service. That is expected. But what I can't stand at all is making false commitments. Not once, twice but thrice.
Telling blatant lies is not a great way to start a service based relationship.

I had minor issues with Tata Play in past, but their CC never asked me to call the engineer directly to get things sorted out. These things matter. I am having issues with their product but can't deny the fact the service they provide is above market standards.

I am ok with occasional delays in service. That is expected. But what I can't stand at all is making false commitments. Not once, twice but thrice.
This is the exact reason I didn't chose Airtel. Why did you stall me? Could've given me a straight date. And they take forever to acknowledge their mistake. It's best to stay away from them.

I had minor issues with Tata Play in past, but their CC never asked me to call the engineer directly to get things sorted out. These things matter. I am having issues with their product but can't deny the fact the service they provide is above market standards.

Buddy, you had placed the order last night and they would have called u yesterday evening or today morning to confirm time for installation so they would have faultered on commitment just once in the said period and that is not a big issue.
How could they have not given false assurances twice or thrice in such short time period when just morning 9 AM to 12 PM window was there for installation and later u cancelled the order.

Also did u try getting intouch with airtel presence twitter team even once? They would have resolved the issue within few hours.

If u r expecting any company to b absolutely punctual in service then sorry buddy u will always stand disappointed

Buddy, you had placed the order last night and they would have called u yesterday evening or today morning to confirm time for installation so they would have faultered on commitment just once in the said period and that is not a big issue.
How could they have not given false assurances twice or thrice in such short time period when just morning 9 AM to 12 PM window was there for installation and later u cancelled the order.

Also did u try getting intouch with airtel presence twitter team even once? They would have resolved the issue within few hours.

If u r expecting any company to b absolutely punctual in service then sorry buddy u will always stand disappointed
I mentioned the word 'thrice'. Please go through that again. Saying three times I am on the way for three hours from a place that is 15 mins away is not a good sign. It would be better if I was told I will come in the afternoon or tomorrow. That too exceeding the shared and agreed timeline by two hours, which was discussed when they called yesterday. And I didn't place the order yesterday evening, it was in the morning. I posted the update in the evening.

I know I will get disappointed by some people again and again, who has no commitment to their own words. But I will continue my protest against these particular group of people. Someone should do it. Else it will be a malpractice.

I would definitely love to test the services of Airtel dth. But I believe this was not the time for me. Maybe sometime later 🙂.

Last edited:
I mentioned the word 'thrice'. Please go through that again. Saying three times I am on the way for three hours from a place that is 15 mins away is not a good sign. It would be better if I was told I will come in the afternoon or tomorrow. That too exceeding the shared and agreed timeline by two hours, which was discussed when they called yesterday. And I didn't place the order yesterday evening, it was in the morning. I posted the update in the evening.

I know I will get disappointed by some people again and again, who has no commitment to their own words. But I will continue my protest against these particular group of people. Someone should do it. Else it will be a malpractice.

I would definitely love to test the services of Airtel dth. But I believe this was not the time for me. Maybe sometime later 🙂.

Hmm... I totally understand your concern & trouble u faced buddy but i still feel the delay caused in ur case by the technician is not a major issue as there can b genuine reasons too why he was unable to come within stipulated time. Did u ask him why is he late? Also did u try reaching out to airtel presence twitter team? I think u should have waited for 1 or 2 days and then taken a call to cancel the order.

Anyways it is ur decision buddy, i can just share my opinion on it. I believe customers also need to b somewhat supportive, understanding and patient while engaging with service support team. Sure u should highlight & share feedback with the company about inconvenience caused to u so that they take note of it and take corrective measures but again one should allow sometime for things to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock