• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1
  • Views: Views 1,130

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
The Government of Orissa plans to build a tourism and cultural complex in Bhubaneswar. Through this complex, the government plans to highlight the best of the state to tourists. The area has been chosen for the complex as it falls between the airport and the railway station. According to a report by Bibhuti Barik in The Telegraph, this initiative is part of the renovation plans for the Unit-I market. The Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation and the Bhubaneswar Development Authority have plans to renovate the Unit-I market complex.

The present five-acre market is to be transformed into a multi-storeyed structure in public-private partnership mode. Bijay Patnaik, Chief Secretary, Orissa, suggested that a futuristic corridor should be developed. He felt that the entire area should highlight the elements of the state’s art, culture, food, tribal products, crafts and handlooms. Setting up information kiosks on places of tourist interest is part of the government’s plan.

“The textiles and handlooms department of the state government is trying to emulate Bollywood and Western designers when it comes to designing fabrics. The state has received support from celebrated designers such as Sabyasachi Mukherjee, Anjali Kalia, Rajesh Pratap Singh, David Abraham, and Rakesh Thakore. So, the development of an exclusive corridor in the city to project and showcase the traditional art and craft forms will be a unique thing to happen for the city,” said Ashok Kumar Sahu, Orissa Rural and Urban Producers’ Association.
http://www.travelbizmonitor.com/orissa-govt-plans-to-build-tourism-complex-in-bhubaneswar-13613

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock