Discussion Parameters to check when replacing your ADTV Remote officially

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 120
  • Views: Views 27,483
btw the image i posted was one large image so when made smaller the fonts might look slightly large but on plain sight the fonts does look tiny. Huh, everything is being copied nowadays and since this came with a new HDTV it will be a great shock if it isnt original as cant trust anything further from them.

If the buttons are smooth to operate, I don't see any reason for you to ask for a replacement. As you said, in the image you posted the font looks big. If the original letters are smaller like the original remote image posted on the first post of this thread, you are good.

If the buttons are smooth to operate, I don't see any reason for you to ask for a replacement. As you said, in the image you posted the font looks big. If the original letters are smaller like the original remote image posted on the first post of this thread, you are good.

Yes, i think the same. Also i just called CC and they said i get 1 year warranty so if i want i can place a complaint and they will replace but i dont think its an issue now, but if its duplicate then it should develop issues later so can replace. (y) BTW, thanks for providing valuable details. :)

Now see the difference, it was continues fight won at the end I think.
2vdpbmu.jpg

While you twist the new remote, does it look fragile and gives a slight twitching sound? Unless someone tells me i cant tell mine is original or not, its too smooth to say its fake as fake do have their differences while operating. :)

No, it looks sturdy, no sound.btw when did you join adtv? No joining thread? Post images if possible.

Last edited:
No, it looks sturdy, no sound.

Ok. Thanks for the info. I called Airtel today and informed them about the remote being too poor quality, they said will send another remote, i said if via the same person who gave me the first remote then its of now use cause if he supplied duplicate he will then do the same over and over again.
They then said if distributor supplied then it has to be original, then in that case i said its very poor quality product and not good from a top brand. Will return if something happens to it.

Did the old remote that you return, look too weak, made screeching sound when twisted?

btw when did you join adtv? No joining thread? Post images if possible.

This month. Got Internet Tv & multiple HDTV plus with USB recording. :)

Did the old remote that you return, look too weak, made screeching sound when twisted?

It was ok, but the buttons was very hard to press. From the photo you have uploaded i think it is not original(my opinion)
This month. Got Internet Tv & multiple HDTV plus with USB recording. :)

Happy to know you have selected dth with airtel and gone with the internet tv. Photos if possible and review.

It was ok, but the buttons was very hard to press. From the photo you have uploaded i think it is not original(my opinion)

I think mine could be original as the buttons are too soft but looks too fragile (weak quality) so donno if Airtel got it to either reduce their cost or to supply when usual ones are out of stock or the technician replaced a duplicate one which is softer. The technician was super fast in installation (2 guys installing on multiple tv's) and was like running away so didnt see if he really swapped the original remote with a duplicate one. I actually pitied him thinking he is trying to beat time. Probably I should have been more careful.

Next time if he ever comes will force him to either do as per my wish or leave the premise so can find a better technician.

It Happy to know you have selected dth with airtel and gone with the internet tv. Photos if possible and review.

Sure, need to use them quite enough to review. Will post photos when im near it. :)

Last edited:
I purchased new Airtel dth STB last month, the technician swapped the remote, because the batteries drain with in a day. I replaced batteries 5 times in two weeks. Now I remove battery after 1 minute use and keep outside until next use. I could detect some dust inside battery compartment. I need replacement for my remote.

I think there is issue with these bluetooth remotes. My Airtel internet tv and fire tv remote batteries drain very fast.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock