Pay channels blacked out in Arasu cable TV in Thiruvallur,Vellore districts

Satvijay said:
even for me my LCO said its going to be 120rs for analog cable

For the current list of Channels i cant pay Rs 120, if my LCO moves to Arasu type Analogue then i can pay Rs 120 or even upto Rs 150 as i get all the necessary channels.

In SCV, almost 70% of channels are FTA except Sun, Jaya, Raj group channels & Vijay TV.

Out of 50 channels only 10-15 pay channels are provided in Analog by SCV.

Then how come LCOs ask price hike for analog..:D

If they really need price hike, Seed STBs in full swing at Rs.600/STB.

If SCV digitise chennai, then people will get a freedom of watching all major channels which would lose viewership of SUN Group of channels eventually.

For that reason, SCV wont allow another MSO in chennai until they exists in business..:':)':)'(

aravindan said:
In SCV, almost 70% of channels are FTA except Sun, Jaya, Raj group channels & Vijay TV.

No. All Tamil pay channels are FTA for Chennai that makes 100% of Tamil channels are FTA for SCV (any MSO in this case) in Chennai.

Hereafter TN govt shouldn't mention the tagline "100 Channels at Rs.70 in Arasu cable".:angry

I'm paying Rs.100 for less than 60 channels (which comprises with 50 tamil & regional channels alone).

Because most of sports, english pay channels are still unavailable in Thiruvallur district (Since 01-Aug-2014).

Almost 50 out of 60 channels are FTA:-/

It doesn't matter whether LCOs failed to pay for Arasu..
But, ultimately the sufferer is public alone for past 7 weeks..

Dunno when will this comes to an end...????:angry:angry:angry

Both Arasu & SCV should either digitalise TN or make way for others..:angry

Perform or perish..Live or Let Live:angry

I think we have to just forget about Arasu and look out for other alternatives, one of my friend said that he pays Rs 250 - 300 to Airtel every month and he gets all the necessary channels so i might move to it in near future (before new year) and wont move back to local cable even if they go for free as they are not trustable as the monopoly seems to have a bigger issue with licensing so STB not worth a try (even if we want LCO wont allow us to try) and he wont give good channels in analogue too and the Arasu has shown no plans for serving the Chennai people.

Looks like Arasu was promised for TN and as promised they are already serving the TN people (excluding chennai) for a long time and the DAS license too seems only for the already serving group and not for someone new so doesn't look good to wait any longer (max Eng and Tamil new year 2015).

LCO's seem to have shown no interest in migrating to any other MSO for DAS though an MSO came with an STB and a full year free offer and another LCO based MSO with all popular eng, tamil, movies and sports package for Rs 150.
LCO seems to just want the 100 Rs every month and thats it.

It think soon we might have to dump the LCO's move on to some DTH and make Chennai an LCO free city.

Yes..Investing in DTHs seems to be the guaranteed option rather than a cable MSO.

Even Arasu migrated to broadband plans which benefits the LCOs revenue..
That move makes us to think that Arasu have forget about cable digitisation completely..:dodgy

Finally, Chennai & TN will be digitalised if & only if NDA gives DAS License to Arasu..:angry

aravindan said:
Yes..Investing in DTHs seems to be the guaranteed option rather than a cable MSO.

Even Arasu migrated to broadband plans which benefits the LCOs revenue..
That move makes us to think that Arasu have forget about cable digitisation completely..:dodgy

Finally, Chennai & TN will be digitalised if & only if NDA gives DAS License to Arasu..:angry

Yes, DTH unlike local cable has some stability and would continue no matter which party forms the government.

With just 1.5 yrs from state elections investing on an STB from a local cable (One MSO with lost license and another without a license) seems a poor choice. If Arasu fails to come before Jan 2015 the STB sold at a later time would prove costly.

Even if NDA gives license to Arasu the bigger question would be "do they really plan to serve Chennai??" as they never have spoke about Chennai in particular for the last several days. May be they might digitalise cities like kovai, madurai etc...

I think Arasu completely forgot Chennai so we too might have to just forget them though we would love their service.

Public Notice for MSM Discovery channels from Arasu cable

Dailythanthi_250914.jpg

But, Reason for other channels removal undisclosed.:dodgy

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock