PCM or Dolby Digital ?

Guyz let's create pressure on TataSky to improve HD software and remove bugs.

1. Sound control issue in Dolby Digital mode

2. HDMI audio return function

ayushlabroo said:
Guyz let's create pressure on TataSky to improve HD software and remove bugs.

1. Sound control issue in Dolby Digital mode

2. HDMI audio return function

How is HDMI audio return relevant to TS set top box??

jdrocks said:
How is HDMI audio return relevant to TS set top box??

We are not able to use HDMI cable as a audio (when connecting to HT)  as Tata Sky has not provided any option for that, otherwise.

ayushlabroo said:
We are not able to use HDMI cable as a audio (when connecting to HT)  as Tata Sky has not provided any option for that, otherwise.

Of course TS STB HDMI port outputs both audio and video. The HDMI port in fact supports Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 audio. That's what HDMI connection is for. Connect STB HDMI out to HT HDMI in and HT HDMI out to TV HDMI in. Now this is where ARC comes in - both TV HDMI port and HT HDMI out should support ARC to enable audio from other sources like internet output from the TV to be played back via the HT.

If you have the habit of ALWAYS using HT for audio from TV use the following sequence for best audio.
1.STB Out to HT IN thro HDMI cable
2.HT Out to TV in.

But me connected in diiferent bcoz I watch analog cable also from TV and HT. My connection :
1. TV digital out to HT digital IN
2. STB HDMI out to TV HDMI In.
By doing like this even analog cable in put can be listened thro HT, Mass storage (both audio and video ) can be played from TV and HT.

I am having Sony BDV E3200 HT system but I didn't find any HDMI inlet port. It has only a single HDMI port. It's basically a Blu-ray player HT.

So can anyone have any idea how can I connect it with HDMI or can anyone have any solution how can I get DD+ audio through HDMI

ayushlabroo said:
I am having Sony BDV E3200 HT system but I didn't find any HDMI inlet port. It has only a single HDMI port. It's basically a Blu-ray player HT.

So can anyone have any idea how can I connect it with HDMI or can anyone have any solution how can I get DD+ audio through HDMI

I am also facing the same problem with the Sony BDV E3200 HT with bluray player which has single HDMI port. Anyone has solution for this system, please share....

Sony BDV E3200 HT has audio return (ARC) feature on the HDMI port. Check to see whether the TV also has ARC feature and connect the HDMI cable from the HT to the TV HDMI port which has ARC feature. Then connect the STB HDMI port to a second HDMI port on the TV. When you switch to the STB input on the TV, the audio should output thru the ARC enabled port back to the HT.

I checked out on the internet and found that my HT (Sony BDV E3200) supports ARC ( audio return channel) , but I didn't get any info about ARC function for my TV (Sony Bravia KLV40R452a )

So please could anyone know or find out does Sony KLV40R452a support ARC (audio return channel) function ?

The volume is uncontrollable in my LG plasma TV but I can have control of volume in my Sanyo LED TV

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock