Seeking Help Planning to buy a DTH Connection this diwali

• Thread starter Thread starter Yamaji
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 10
  • Views Views: Views 728

Yamaji

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm from chennai and just bought a hisense u7n 4k 55 inch tv during BBD sale. I was previously using mi tv and ott in my bedroom but since this is for my parents, I wanted to know which DTH would be the cheap and best option for them. The Channels required are Malayalam and Tamil channels primarily and then sports like all sony and star sports. Also which DTH has the best picture quality for sports? There shouldn't be any motion blur/judder in the picture during fast paced scenes like when ball is moving the jio fiber connection I used to have used to shown an after image or blur of the ball moving when watching it.

The DTH considered are Tata play, Dish TV & sun direct since I believe these are cheaper than airtel which charges for an entire month for the channels? Anyways please help me out guys which DTH have best picture quality for sports and have better HD quality channels?

Could you guys also tell me approximately how much it would cost for the above mentioned channels/packs majority channels would be tamil/malayalam channels and sports channels like sony ten hd and star sports 1,2 etc. Also is FTA setup boxes an option for them? How is dish tv price and quality compared to airtel? Also how does sun direct fare against airtel in chennai?

Could you guys also tell me approximately how much it would cost for the above mentioned channels/packs majority channels would be tamil/malayalam channels and sports channels like sony ten hd and star sports 1,2 etc. Also is FTA setup boxes an option for them? How is dish tv price and quality compared to airtel? Also how does sun direct fare against airtel in chennai?
d2h/dish tv has providing both malayalam and tamil packs for affordable check the website for price details nd sun direct also offering good packs with better pq and Aq quality please check the website of respective dth brand for price details...dish tv is more affordable then other dth in terms of installation cost also

Last edited:
Sun Direct is the best in its price segment. You will get the maximum number of channels on Sun Direct at a lower price. Considering the cost, no other DTH can beat Sun Direct. However, the picture quality with Sun Direct is poor. In terms of picture quality, Airtel and Tata Play are the best. But Tata Play is a bit more expensive. So, a better option might be Dish TV for an average balance.

Sun 4K box, not yet launched. it will be launched during diwali... hopefully on or after 28th. Picture clarity on that box needs to be tested after that. Regarding monthly plan, they will have the same plans for HD and 4K box (DTH). So monthly charge will be lower with SunDirect.

Back
Top Bottom