Portability of set-top boxes by year-end: Trai chief

All these moves by TRAI seem like a preperation for JIO's entry so that its easier for JIO
i don't know how this is related to that as many are already using jio tv in phones and TVs. No one need to welcome Jio or any other company.

Hmm,If a common box is built like @Gopi27 bro said then the UI must be same for all DTH & there won't be any difference in UI of various DTH we are seeing now.

I don't think if the UI is same its a good move...👍
But portability is fantastic if we want to jump from one to other & the DTH operators will be on high alert also as we can easily move.Therefore,at last,the competition will rise.

Hmm,If a common box is built like @Gopi27 bro said then the UI must be same for all DTH & there won't be any difference in UI of various DTH we are seeing now.

I don't think if the UI is same its a good move...👍
But portability is fantastic if we want to jump from one to other & the DTH operators will be on high alert also as we can easily move.Therefore,at last,the competition will rise.
It can be easily resolved through software update, when user migrate from dishtv to Tatasky then software gets updated with Tatasky UI, shouldn't be a problem

It can be easily resolved through software update, when user migrate from dishtv to Tatasky then software gets updated with Tatasky UI, shouldn't be a problem
Yeah, this process may work but needs lot of testing. If the plan works out, get ready to pay 6k to 8k for Portable STB 😁😜

But TRAI will have to ammend the rules and enforce it otherwise why would DTH provider let that happen and loose customers

It may open up BYOD concept to DTH. DTH services provider may provide a card and you may be able to use any receiver. However, if you buy the receiver from service providers and if they are discounted, there could be some minimum service commitment or you will have to pay full price while buying the connection.
Regarding UI, it will be STB specific like our mobile phone UIs.

This is my guess

As prices are same for all dth & cable now, it might be a good way to deferentiate between picture and audio quality of DPO’s channels which ultimately gives more power to the consumer to choose the absolute best service among all for the same price.

But, if in the process they tamper with the UI interface, remote design and additional services of each individual DPO, then I think that’s a big no.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock