Rant: Future of Star Sports is JioCinema

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Had enough of TV broadcasters specially when it comes to likes of Star Sports. Star Sports who always hated the entertainment aspect of IPL not only never gave us any entertaining pre and post match shows we got during IPL's Sony's years. They took away the only great thing we had Dugout last season. Today they crossed all the lines by blacking out most of the midshow of IPL. As the official Indian broadcaster Star is expected to least offering everything about Indian Premier League. Sky Sports but Star didn't. Meanwhile same was streamed on JioCinema. And let's not even get started about star worshipping every match. I hope not only people moves to JioCinema onwards. I hope Star loses next cycle of TV rights too.

No i repeat all broadcaster indian same we need intl broadcaster come into indian tv then we get good experience of sports watching
Less blackout intl cricket matches less dom t20 leagues on tv no Balck out of any entertainment show in sports matches

I feel we need bein sports and fox sports asap on indian tv sets

No i repeat all broadcaster indian same we need intl broadcaster come into indian tv then we get good experience of sports watching
Less blackout intl cricket matches less dom t20 leagues on tv no Balck out of any entertainment show in sports matches

Qatari, please bring BT Sports through Viacom here. We are a big sports market. Even Disney should bring ESPN people back. Please save Star Sports. Just look the days before BCCI rights. They were king in broadcasting even without IPL.

Earlier, I have been supporting Star Sports over JioCinema as they are the existing players for IPL. Meanwhile, Star's pre, mid & post shows aren't great then also I supported them. Now this is enough, blacking out the most entertaining aspect of IPL for just a few talks & analysis isn't tolerated. You should hold responsibility to show everything in IPL. JioCinema knows the value of entertainment in IPL. Sony was far better than Star & JioCinema is far better than Star.

Last edited:

Star, Sony all are international broadcasters. Star was owned by fox, then fox got acquired by Disney. So star is now owned by Disney. Sony sports is owned by Sony group corporation. Even sports 18 is owned (49%) by paramount pictures. The problem with Indian broadcasters is not that they are Indian. it is that India is not a quality market but quantity market. So if there is any company which focus on quality they won't succeed here.

Star, Sony all are international broadcasters. Star was owned by fox, then fox got acquired by Disney. So star is now owned by Disney. Sony sports is owned by Sony group corporation. Even sports 18 is owned (49%) by paramount pictures. The problem with Indian broadcasters is not that they are Indian. it is that India is not a quality market but quantity market. So if there is any company which focus on quality they won't succeed here.
Sports18 was fine untill star sport sent slepper cell ex star agent to destroy sports18
Ex they showed la liga in sd where ligue 1 hd only vice versa

They thought every dth operators have mtv hd so they use mtv hd for la liga hd broadcast

Sports18 was fine untill star sport sent slepper cell ex star agent to destroy sports18
Ex they showed la liga in sd where ligue 1 hd only vice versa

They thought every dth operators have mtv hd so they use mtv hd for la liga hd broadcast
To be fair that's the problem on certain DTH operator. Almost every cable company carries MTV HD. Why can't the special one can't is beneath me?

As long everything is oversold in ads it's rather unlikely broadcasters will air the midshows. Even in Eurovision some broadcasters pre-empt segments with ads or even whole other shows.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock