Regarding 5.1 in d2h

samitabhishek

Reaction score
I have a HT sony DAV-DZ350 and d2h hd zapper 2011 model ..
d2h has coaxiale output .. and my HT has optical input .. initially my d2h was connected via 3.5mm RCA cable and i was using prologic mode for surround experience..

some days before i purchased a coaxial to optical converter via ebay.in

when connecting through the converter my HT display Dolby D ...
the center and front L&R speaker is funcioning very fine .. but surround spekers gives sound very often ....
in Mtunes HD surround speakers never works ..

why surround speakers is giving sound very often (and no sound in MTunes HD). is this is due to non presence of surround effect in the program i am watching or the problem is in my converter or the wire

and which ch gives best dolby digital sound so that i can check my connection better.

MTunes providing 2.1 Dolby,so you cant get the DSS.check with star group channels and Movies Now.

samitabhishek said:
I have a HT sony DAV-DZ350 and d2h hd zapper 2011 model ..
d2h has coaxiale output .. and my HT has optical input .. initially my d2h was connected via 3.5mm RCA cable and i was using prologic mode for surround experience..

some days before i purchased a coaxial to optical converter via ebay.in

when connecting through the converter my HT display Dolby D ...
the center and front L&R speaker is funcioning very fine .. but surround spekers gives sound very often ....
in Mtunes HD surround speakers never works ..

why surround speakers is giving sound very often (and no sound in MTunes HD). is this is due to non presence of surround effect in the program i am watching or the problem is in my converter or the wire

and which ch gives best dolby digital sound so that i can check my connection better.

Hi,

Converter how much costed you? make and model pls.

Samit, I have also got the same HT with a Samsung 4 lcd tv.I was also facing the same issue but since my hd stb 2011 upgradation, I noticed that I m getting 5.1 surrond sound in ss hd1 while watching t20 like crowd volume from 4 speakers and commentary volume from main front speaker.Was also getting 5.1 sound in star movies hd while watching ice age . Haven't checked other hd channels but will surely check today.
One more thing is that my stb is connected via hdmi cable and no other cables and I noticed that those channels which has got yellow button those channels privide 5.1 sound.I havent checkd all but i m sure it does.

imran3 said:
Samit, I have also got the same HT with a Samsung 4 lcd tv.I was also facing the same issue but since my hd stb 2011 upgradation, I noticed that I m getting 5.1 surrond sound in ss hd1 while watching t20 like crowd volume from 4 speakers and commentary volume from main front speaker.Was also getting 5.1 sound in star movies hd while watching ice age . Haven't checked other hd channels but will surely check today.
One more thing is that my stb is connected via hdmi cable and no other cables and I noticed that those channels which has got yellow button those channels privide 5.1 sound.I havent checkd all but i m sure it does.

are you using dolby pro logic ..
or you have connected the HT with optical out or ARC of TV ( both of which is not present in my TV ).

I am using prologic.one hdmi is connected from stb to tv and the other one from HT to tv plus 2 cables red& white connected from HT to Tv Red& white port

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock